Digital TV News: FOX
FOX Sports Mexico and SeaChange show live sport with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Oct 31, 2023 – SeaChange, with FOX Sports Mexico and Dolby Labs, is showing live sports on the FOX Sports Mexico streaming app, enhanced with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive sound, at Nextv Miami.
News categories: SeaChange, FOX Sports, Dolby, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming, UX
Foxtel selects Kantar for STB return path audience measurement
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel Media has selected Kantar to deliver a new audience measurement service, ingesting data collected from Foxtel subscribers’ set top boxes using return path data technology.
News categories: Foxtel Media, Kantar, Mark Frain, Keld Nielsen, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Foxtel announces Hubbl plugin device and Hubbl Glass TV
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel has announced Hubbl, bringing together paid and free streaming entertainment via a plug-in device or a Hubbl Glass TV, all based on an entertainment OS backed by Comcast and Sky.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
Sep 26, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced Rabbit AI, a mobile feature powered by ChatGPT-4 that offers viewers a new way to navigate the platform and discover movies and TV shows.
News categories: Tubi, Blake Bassett, Big Data, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Streaming, UX
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
Brightcove powers AVOD streaming at In The Black Network
Sep 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has been selected by In The Black Network (ITBN) to deliver its AVOD content globally. The streaming service is expected to launch this October.
News categories: Brightcove, In The Black Network, Marc DeBevoise,, James DuBose, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tubi surpasses 74 million monthly active Users
Sep 6, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ:FOXA, FOX) has surpassed 74 million monthly active users and logged nearly 4 billion streaming hours for the first half of the year, reaching 1.4% of total U.S. TV viewing time.
News categories: Tubi, Anjali Sud, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
NAGRA and Eluvio partner on video distribution with forensic watermarking
Sep 6, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Eluvio have announced the integration of NAGRA NexGuard forensic watermarking to secure playback of video via the Eluvio Content Fabric and Eluvio Media Wallet.
News categories: NAGRA, Eluvio, Ken Gerstein, Michelle Munson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification