Digital TV News: FOX
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Fox selects FreeWheel to enable OneFOX video inventory
Nov 3, 2022 – Fox (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has selected FreeWheel as a partner to enable its OneFOX video inventory. FreeWheel will work with FOX to manage direct sold advertising campaigns across premium content from the company's brands.
News categories: FreeWheel, Fox Corp, Mark McKee, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Fox chooses Magnite as a sell-side ad platform for OneFOX
Oct 19, 2022 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has announced a partnership with Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) to power programmatic campaigns for OneFOX video inventory across the company’s entertainment, sports, streaming and news portfolio.
News categories: Magnite, Fox Corp, Mike Laband, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Fox partners with Innovid for cross-platform measurement
Oct 12, 2022 – Innovid (NYSE: CTV) has announced a partnership with Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) to measure cross-platform viewing consumption across its portfolio of news, sports, entertainment, and streaming properties.
News categories: Innovid, Fox Corp, Tubi, Jo Kinsella, Dan Callahan, Tyler Fitch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
Sep 27, 2022 – Television stations serving the Roanoke-Lynchburg market, including WSET-TV, WDBJ, WWCW, WSLS and WZBJ, have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. BitPath led the planning process and coordinated efforts across the stations.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky has announced that MultiChoice Group (MCG) will become Sky’s second global syndication partner for its Glass offering. MCG will be Sky’s second Glass syndication partner, after Foxtel announced last year.
News categories: Sky, MultiChoice, Andrea Zappia, Calvo Mawela, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
Fox Television Stations and Comscore partner to transact on advanced audiences in Local TV
Sep 12, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with FOX Television Stations (FTS) that will see the local TV broadcaster leverage a Comscore-based currency to support transactions on advanced audiences across its owned and operated footprint.
News categories: Comscore, Fox Corp, Carol Hinnant, Tom Fleming, Chad Roscher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Five Louisville TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Sep 12, 2022 – Local TV stations in Louisville have joined together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Block Communications' WBKI will host five stations including Block's WDRB and market partners WAVE, WHAS and WBNA; Kentucky Educational Television's (KET) WKMJ will launch on Sept. 19.
News categories: Pearl TV, Block Communications, Anne Schelle, Dale Woods, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring