Digital TV News: FOX
SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
Jan 20, 2022 – VIZIO has announced that SLING TV is now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs. SmartCast users across America can access the SLING app to watch the live content they love, plus over 150,000 on demand shows and movies.
News categories: VIZIO, SLING TV, Katherine Pond, Seth Van Sickel, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
Jan 17, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Video Solutions AG has partnered with it to launch, distribute and monetize two AVOD channels – one in Germany and one in UK - on Samsung TV Plus, LG, Phillips, TCL, and Xiaomi.
News categories: Amagi, Video Solutions AG, Srinivasan KA, Chris Sharp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
Discovery makes investment in OpenAP
Jan 10, 2022 – OpenAP and Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have announced that Discovery will become a minority owner of OpenAP, the advanced advertising company bringing scale to audience-based campaigns in television.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., OpenAP, Jim Keller, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Foxxum CTV OS launches with El Araby Group on Mediatek SoCs
Jan 4, 2022 – Foxxum has announced El Araby is the first client for its Foxxum CTV OS on MediaTek chipsets. Foxxum CTV OS will be available on El Araby’s smart TV devices as an additional option to their pre-existing TV line-up.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby, Mehmet Eroglu, Dirk Wittenborg, Mohamed Negmeldin, Digital TV, Egypt, Middleware, Smart TV
Foxxum and Cinemo to bring CTV to in-vehicle infotainment systems
Dec 23, 2021 – Foxxum is collaborating with Cinemo, a global leader in automotive infotainment embedded solutions, to power a new In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) experience using Foxxum's software and customizable CTV solutions.
News categories: Foxxum, Cinemo, Ronny Lutzi, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
FOX and Nexstar Media launch NEXTGEN TV in Los Angeles
Dec 16, 2021 – FOX Television Stations (NASDAQ: FOXA) and Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) have launched NEXTGEN TV on KTTV-TV (FOX 11), KCOP-TV (My13), and KTLA-TV (KTLA 5) in Los Angeles, the second largest television market in the U.S.
News categories: Nexstar Media, FOX, Brett Jenkins, Bill Lamb, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Kinetic offers DIRECTV STREAM
Dec 15, 2021 – Kinetic has announced that it is expanding its relationship with DIRECTV to now include DIRECTV STREAM. Kinetic broadband customers can watch local, national and premium channels anytime, anywhere on their phone, tablet or television.
News categories: Kinetic, DIRECTV, Mark Lederman, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
UniversCiné rolled out on Samsung TV Plus with Amagi
Dec 8, 2021 – Amagi has announced that UniversCiné is partnering with Amagi for the launch and playout of its channel to Samsung TV Plus. Amagi enabled the roll out of UniversCiné's channel using its cloud playout platform, Amagi CLOUDPORT.
News categories: Amagi, UniversCiné, Srinivasan KA, Romain Dubois, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers