Digital TV News: FOX
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
May 25, 2022 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Banijay Rights, the global distribution arm of world-leading independent TV producer Banijay, to drive its Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) strategy worldwide.
News categories: Amagi, Banijay Rights, Srinivasan KA, Shaun Keeble, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Tubi expands relationship with Nielsen
Apr 29, 2022 – Tubi has announced that it's working on an expansion of its current integration with Nielsen that will allow for enhanced and comprehensive measurement through Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) product.
News categories: Tubi, Nielsen, Mark Rotblat, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
Goldman Sachs to put $325 million into iSpot.tv
Apr 27, 2022 – iSpot.tv has signed an agreement with funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management for a $325 million investment. iSpot, which has raised $58 million since being founded in April 2012, now generates over $100 million in annual recurring revenues.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Goldman Sachs, Sean Muller, Leonard Seevers, Joon Park, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
Cox Media Group expands digital streaming with Amagi
Apr 22, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Cox Media Group (CMG) has chosen Amagi to power its streaming across connected TV, mobile, web, and distribution as CMG launches a major expansion of its free digital streaming strategy.
News categories: Amagi, Cox Media Group, Srinivasan KA, Marian Pittman, Mark Beck, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Synamedia and 3SS develop TV apps for Etisalat's Switch TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Etisalat UAE has chosen Synamedia and 3SS to provide TV apps for its D2C streaming service, Switch TV. 3SS and Synamedia developed apps for LG and Samsung TVs, with Synamedia also developing an Apple TV app.
News categories: 3SS, Synamedia, Etisalat, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jean-Francois Pigeon, Jonathan Haysom, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
Comcast’s Effectv taps Comscore for local TV measurement
Apr 12, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and Effectv have announced that Effectv will use Comscore’s audience impression-based measurement product with local advertising clients to deliver an industry measurement solution for marketers.
News categories: Comscore, Effectv, Bill Livek, James Rooke, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year