Digital TV News: FOX
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Fox selects FreeWheel to enable OneFOX video inventory
Nov 3, 2022 – Fox (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has selected FreeWheel as a partner to enable its OneFOX video inventory. FreeWheel will work with FOX to manage direct sold advertising campaigns across premium content from the company's brands.
News categories: FreeWheel, Fox Corp, Mark McKee, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Fox chooses Magnite as a sell-side ad platform for OneFOX
Oct 19, 2022 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has announced a partnership with Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) to power programmatic campaigns for OneFOX video inventory across the company’s entertainment, sports, streaming and news portfolio.
News categories: Magnite, Fox Corp, Mike Laband, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Fox partners with Innovid for cross-platform measurement
Oct 12, 2022 – Innovid (NYSE: CTV) has announced a partnership with Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) to measure cross-platform viewing consumption across its portfolio of news, sports, entertainment, and streaming properties.
News categories: Innovid, Fox Corp, Tubi, Jo Kinsella, Dan Callahan, Tyler Fitch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
Sep 27, 2022 – Television stations serving the Roanoke-Lynchburg market, including WSET-TV, WDBJ, WWCW, WSLS and WZBJ, have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. BitPath led the planning process and coordinated efforts across the stations.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky has announced that MultiChoice Group (MCG) will become Sky’s second global syndication partner for its Glass offering. MCG will be Sky’s second Glass syndication partner, after Foxtel announced last year.
News categories: Sky, MultiChoice, Andrea Zappia, Calvo Mawela, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
Fox Television Stations and Comscore partner to transact on advanced audiences in Local TV
Sep 12, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with FOX Television Stations (FTS) that will see the local TV broadcaster leverage a Comscore-based currency to support transactions on advanced audiences across its owned and operated footprint.
News categories: Comscore, Fox Corp, Carol Hinnant, Tom Fleming, Chad Roscher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion