Digital TV News: Freeview
Freeview channels move into the cloud with BT
Mar 9, 2023 – The contract between BT and D3&4 has seen BT switch on cloud processing for regionalised TV across all of D3&4's Freeview channels – ready for distribution to regions across the UK.
News categories: BT, Faisal Mahomed, Greg Bensberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Accedo supports launch of ITVX in the UK
Dec 16, 2022 – Accedo has worked on the ITVX video service for a number of platforms, including Youview, Freeview, Android TV, Freesat, Roku, Samsung Tizen, Samsung Orsay, and Xbox, as well as for the ITVX website.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Steve Forde, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
Nov 29, 2022 – Globecast has announced an agreement with EarthxTV to provide cloud playout for the linear TV channel and distribution to MVPDs. Globecast is orchestrating the EarthxTV playback entirely in the cloud.
News categories: Globecast, EarthxTV, René Villapando, Rajan Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, USA
Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
Nov 23, 2022 – People will soon be able to watch BBC One in HD without having to switch over to the current standard-definition versions for their local programming, following the roll-out of BBC One HD in England.
News categories: BBC, Kieran Clifton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
Netgem powers triple-play bundle from Lothian Broadband
Nov 3, 2022 – In partnership with Netgem, Lothian Broadband Networks Limited (LBNL) is offering not only TV but also voice alongside its ultrafast fibre broadband. Netgem worked with Netsapiens to enable LBNL to move from single to triple play in a matter of weeks.
News categories: Netgem, Lothian Broadband, Netsapiens, Sylvain Thevenot, Gavin Rodgers, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home, UK
TCL Roku TV models coming to Australia
Nov 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that TCL Roku TV models will be coming to Australia. Starting in early November, Australian consumers can purchase 4K UHD TCL Roku TV models in 55" or 65" screen sizes.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS
UK's DTG releases D-Book 12.7
Oct 31, 2022 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.7, the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Simon Fell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
EarthxTV selects M7 as European launch partner
Oct 17, 2022 – M7 Group has announced that it has concluded a long-term HD satellite and OTT distribution agreement with Dallas-based EarthxTV, a global TV network promoting the environment and sustainability.
News categories: M7 Group, EarthxTV, Bill Wijdeveld, Rajan Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Streaming
Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
Sep 27, 2022 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky Stream, providing entertainment streamed to any TV over Wi-Fi, with no dish or installation required. Sky Stream brings the Sky Glass UI and experience to more people.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania