Digital TV News: GS Group
GS Group sells stake in Bangladesh's RealVU DTH
Mar 24, 2017 – GS Group has announced the sale of its share in Beximco, a company that operates in Bangladesh under the RealVU brand. In so doing, the holding company has successfully completed an investment project to create the first satellite Pay-TV operator in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Andrew Bezrukov, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite, Venture Capital
Bangladesh’s first DTH service RealVU set in operation
Apr 28, 2016 – BEXIMCO Communications has launched Bangladesh’s first Direct-to-Home (DTH) service under the brand name RealVU. RealVU is available everywhere across the country, with sales outlets in Dhaka, Sylhet and Chittagong.
News categories: BEXIMCO, RealVU, Dmitry Lapitskiy, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group sells controlling stake in Cambodia's One TV pay-DTT project
Mar 24, 2016 – GS Group has announced the sale of its controlling stake in One TV, Cambodia's first pay-DTT project, completing the project’s investment cycle. The Royal Group of Companies purchased the majority stake in the operator.
News categories: One TV, GS Group, Cambodia, MandA, Terrestrial
GS Group begins sales of game console-STB combo
Mar 1, 2016 – GS Group has announced the start of sales of the first Russian game console with HD set-top box functions – GS Gamekit. The device is available from General Satellite authorized dealers and Tricolor TV service providers.
News categories: GS Group, Tatiana Mikhalevskaya, Digital TV, Gaming, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
GS Group releases first Russian 4K Ultra HD set-top box
Feb 1, 2016 – GS Group has announced its GS A230, the first Russian digital TV set-top box to support Ultra HD (4K) broadcasting. The new model, under the General Satellite brand, means that 4K video content can now be viewed on modern Ultra HD TV-sets.
News categories: GS Group, Andrew Bezrukov, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
Nov 18, 2015 – Tricolor TV has announced that it has started broadcasting an Ultra HD package, which includes two ultra high-definition TV channels. Subscribers get access to movies and documentaries, as well as sports and entertainment programs in 4K at no extra charge.
News categories: Tricolor TV, 1HDTV, Alexey Kholodov, Nikolay Orlov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
GS Group announces new SiP-based HD set-top box
Sep 3, 2015 – GS Group has released an HDTV compliant set-top box under the General Satellite brand – GS B212 - for the Russian market. At the heart of the GS B212 is a multichip microprocessor – the GS Nanotech SiP Amber S2.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GS Group launches STB based on custom processor
Dec 1, 2014 – Russia's GS Group has announced the launch of a new set-top box (STB) to support the upgrade of Tricolor TV customers to high definition (HD). The GS B211 is based on a System-in-Package IC, SiP Amber S2, developed by sister company GS Nanotech.
News categories: GS Group, GS Nanotech, Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GS Group and Tricolor TV introduce TV tablet
Nov 13, 2014 – Russia's GS Group has announced the launch of the first tablet computer designed for viewing satellite television service Tricolor TV. The tablet allows subscribers to access the service anywhere in the home where there is Wi-Fi.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Tablet
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics