Digital TV News: Gemstar-TV Guide
Gemstar-TV Guide Expands European Patent Licensing Through Agreement with Humax, a Leading Provider of Retail Set-Top Boxes
Mar 24, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide (NASDAQ: GMST) has signed an agreement with Humax which includes a patent license allowing Humax to incorporate interactive program guides (IPGs) in retail digital set-top boxes that are distributed throughout Europe.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Humax, Europe, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Germany
Mar 12, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Germany under an agreement with Eurosport, Europe's leading sports multimedia platform.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Macrovision Agrees to Acquire Gemstar-TV Guide
Dec 7, 2007 – Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMST) have announced a definitive agreement for Macrovision to acquire Gemstar-TV Guide in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Macrovision, Gemstar-TV Guide, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Gemstar-TV Guide Announces Expansion of European Patent Licensing Through Three New Agreements With Leading German-Based Consumer Electronic Manufacturers
Oct 18, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced continued expansion of its patent licensing program in Europe, recently signing three new patent license agreements with leading German-based consumer electronic (CE) companies.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Loewe Opta, Metz, KATHREIN, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Spain
Aug 29, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Spain under an agreement with Veo Television S.A., one of Spain's leading digital terrestrial channels.
News categories: Digital TV, Middleware, Spain, Terrestrial
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management