Digital TV News: Gemstar-TV Guide
Gemstar-TV Guide Expands European Patent Licensing Through Agreement with Humax, a Leading Provider of Retail Set-Top Boxes
Mar 24, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide (NASDAQ: GMST) has signed an agreement with Humax which includes a patent license allowing Humax to incorporate interactive program guides (IPGs) in retail digital set-top boxes that are distributed throughout Europe.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Humax, Europe, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Germany
Mar 12, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Germany under an agreement with Eurosport, Europe's leading sports multimedia platform.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Macrovision Agrees to Acquire Gemstar-TV Guide
Dec 7, 2007 – Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMST) have announced a definitive agreement for Macrovision to acquire Gemstar-TV Guide in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Macrovision, Gemstar-TV Guide, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Gemstar-TV Guide Announces Expansion of European Patent Licensing Through Three New Agreements With Leading German-Based Consumer Electronic Manufacturers
Oct 18, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced continued expansion of its patent licensing program in Europe, recently signing three new patent license agreements with leading German-based consumer electronic (CE) companies.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Loewe Opta, Metz, KATHREIN, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Spain
Aug 29, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Spain under an agreement with Veo Television S.A., one of Spain's leading digital terrestrial channels.
News categories: Digital TV, Middleware, Spain, Terrestrial
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying