Digital TV News: Gemstar-TV Guide
Gemstar-TV Guide Expands European Patent Licensing Through Agreement with Humax, a Leading Provider of Retail Set-Top Boxes
Mar 24, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide (NASDAQ: GMST) has signed an agreement with Humax which includes a patent license allowing Humax to incorporate interactive program guides (IPGs) in retail digital set-top boxes that are distributed throughout Europe.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Humax, Europe, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Germany
Mar 12, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Germany under an agreement with Eurosport, Europe's leading sports multimedia platform.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Macrovision Agrees to Acquire Gemstar-TV Guide
Dec 7, 2007 – Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMST) have announced a definitive agreement for Macrovision to acquire Gemstar-TV Guide in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Macrovision, Gemstar-TV Guide, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Gemstar-TV Guide Announces Expansion of European Patent Licensing Through Three New Agreements With Leading German-Based Consumer Electronic Manufacturers
Oct 18, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced continued expansion of its patent licensing program in Europe, recently signing three new patent license agreements with leading German-based consumer electronic (CE) companies.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Loewe Opta, Metz, KATHREIN, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Spain
Aug 29, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Spain under an agreement with Veo Television S.A., one of Spain's leading digital terrestrial channels.
News categories: Digital TV, Middleware, Spain, Terrestrial
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand