Digital TV News: Gracenote
Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
Dec 5, 2023 – Gracenote has announced an automotive data platform developed to grant automakers easy access to the company's entertainment datasets to power differentiated in-car media experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Trent Wheeler, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
Dec 4, 2023 – Barb has awarded three contracts for its audience measurement service: metadata and interim overnight programme logs to MetaBroadcast and interim overnight commercial spot logs to Clearcast.
News categories: Barb, MetaBroadcast, Clearcast, Caroline Baxter, Jamie Mackinlay, David Joel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Gracenote unveils data enrichment program to speed FAST distribution
Sep 12, 2023 – Gracenote has unveiled a program to help content publishers and broadcasters get their FAST programming distributed by streaming platforms more easily, leveraging advanced data enrichment services.
News categories: Gracenote, Vikram Kulkarni, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Gracenote supports Télé-Loisirs with SVOD information and imagery
Sep 5, 2023 – Gracenote is helping Prisma Media transform its Télé-Loisirs offerings into go-to resources for what to watch in France by providing information and imagery for the major SVOD catalogs.
News categories: Gracenote, Prisma Media, Vikram Kulkarni, Julian Marco, Big Data, Digital TV, France, IBC2023
Nielsen report highlights content discovery challenge for viewers
Aug 28, 2023 – Nielsen has released a report illuminating the surging number of program titles and streaming video services, as well as the resulting challenges for viewers deciding what to watch.
News categories: Gracenote, Nielsen, Filiz Bahmanpour, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, North America, Streaming, UX
A+E Networks EMEA leverages Gracenote metadata distribution services
Jun 21, 2023 – A+E Networks EMEA is using Gracenote metadata, IDs and imagery to ensure that programming delivered by its FAST channels on Amazon Freevee in the UK can be easily discovered and watched by viewers.
News categories: Gracenote, A+E Networks, Vikram Kulkarni, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Media Distillery improves user experience at VodafoneZiggo
Apr 25, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that VodafoneZiggo has implemented its EPG Correction Distillery to improve the user experience for its nearly 4 million video subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Media Distillery, VodafoneZiggo, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Leo-Geert van den Berg, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
TelevisaUnivision selects Nielsen for cross-platform measurement
Oct 25, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has signed an agreement to use Nielsen ONE, Nielsen's cross-platform measurement solution. TelevisaUnivision will use Nielsen ONE along with Nielsen Marketing Cloud and Gracenote Advanced Discovery.
News categories: Nielsen, TelevisaUnivision, David Kenny, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023