Digital TV News: Gracenote
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Media Distillery improves user experience at VodafoneZiggo
Apr 25, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that VodafoneZiggo has implemented its EPG Correction Distillery to improve the user experience for its nearly 4 million video subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Media Distillery, VodafoneZiggo, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Leo-Geert van den Berg, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
TelevisaUnivision selects Nielsen for cross-platform measurement
Oct 25, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has signed an agreement to use Nielsen ONE, Nielsen's cross-platform measurement solution. TelevisaUnivision will use Nielsen ONE along with Nielsen Marketing Cloud and Gracenote Advanced Discovery.
News categories: Nielsen, TelevisaUnivision, David Kenny, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
Oct 6, 2022 – LG has expanded its smart TV platform business with the recent rolling out of its webOS Hub, delivering more customization options to smart TV makers and more convenience and content to end-users.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
Aug 9, 2022 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched its Gracenote ID Distribution System. The platform help program owners and creators manage their content, streamline distribution and ensure their brands are well represented and easily discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Gracenote dataset quantifies program bingeability, tracks streaming availability
Jun 1, 2022 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has introduced Distribution Dynamics and Program Availability Archive, datasets that help content owners and buyers optimize program licensing and acquisition strategies as TV viewership booms.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
May 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the acquisition of Utelly, a content discovery platform provider. Its offerings include metadata aggregation, search and recommendations, as well as content management and a content promotion engine.
News categories: Synamedia, Utelly, Paul Segre, Romain Eude, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
May 24, 2022 – Gracenote has launched Gracenote Streaming Channels Data enabling content discovery platforms to better connect consumers to programming on free ad-supported TV (FAST) channels as well as linear channels on virtual MVPD (vMVPD) services.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media