Digital TV News: HD PLUS
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV
HD PLUS and NAGRA extend content protection partnership to Smart TVs
May 29, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and HD PLUS have renewed their technology partnership and extended it to include content protection on Smart TVs. NAGRA content protection supports the HD PLUS solution for Smart TVs not requiring an external device, such as a CAM or STB.
News categories: NAGRA, HD PLUS, Thierry Legrand, Georges Agnes, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Smart TV
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Number of HD+ subscribers in Germany passes two million mark
Feb 13, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that HD+ exceeded the two million subscriber mark in 2016. As of 31 December 2016, the satellite TV offer counted some 2,111,862 subscribers, 15 percent more than in 2015.
News categories: HD PLUS, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
HD+ subscribers up 11.3% in 2015
Jan 29, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its German HD platform HD+ recorded an 11.3 percent increase in subscribers in 2015. HD+ had 1.84 million subscribers at year-end 2015, compared to 1.65 million at year-end 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
HD+ unveils first HD+ embedded UHD TV
Jul 9, 2015 – HD+ (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) and TechniSat have unveiled the first Ultra High-Definition (UHD) TV with integrated HD+ decryption system (no CI+ module for HD+ required). HD+ also announced the launch of its UHD demo channel in September.
News categories: HD PLUS, TechniSat, SES S.A, Georges Agnes, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, Satellite, Smart TV
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
HD PLUS adds 83,761 customers in 1Q 2014
Apr 28, 2014 – HD PLUS (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced subscriber figures for the first quarter of 2014. At March 31, 2014 the company had a customer base of 1,496,315 paying households, an increase of 83,761 customers in the quarter.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019