Digital TV News: HD PLUS
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Smart TV
HD PLUS and NAGRA extend content protection partnership to Smart TVs
May 29, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and HD PLUS have renewed their technology partnership and extended it to include content protection on Smart TVs. NAGRA content protection supports the HD PLUS solution for Smart TVs not requiring an external device, such as a CAM or STB.
News categories: NAGRA, HD PLUS, Thierry Legrand, Georges Agnes, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Smart TV
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Number of HD+ subscribers in Germany passes two million mark
Feb 13, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that HD+ exceeded the two million subscriber mark in 2016. As of 31 December 2016, the satellite TV offer counted some 2,111,862 subscribers, 15 percent more than in 2015.
News categories: HD PLUS, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
HD+ subscribers up 11.3% in 2015
Jan 29, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its German HD platform HD+ recorded an 11.3 percent increase in subscribers in 2015. HD+ had 1.84 million subscribers at year-end 2015, compared to 1.65 million at year-end 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
HD+ unveils first HD+ embedded UHD TV
Jul 9, 2015 – HD+ (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) and TechniSat have unveiled the first Ultra High-Definition (UHD) TV with integrated HD+ decryption system (no CI+ module for HD+ required). HD+ also announced the launch of its UHD demo channel in September.
News categories: HD PLUS, TechniSat, SES S.A, Georges Agnes, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, Satellite, Smart TV
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
HD PLUS adds 83,761 customers in 1Q 2014
Apr 28, 2014 – HD PLUS (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced subscriber figures for the first quarter of 2014. At March 31, 2014 the company had a customer base of 1,496,315 paying households, an increase of 83,761 customers in the quarter.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering