Digital TV News: HUMAN
Professional Triathletes Organisation to launch D2C platform with Endeavor Streaming
Jul 19, 2022 – The Professional Triathletes Organisation (PTO) has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to launch PTO+. The OTT platform will launch as a free service aimed at maximizing audience engagement for the PTO's flagship events.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, Professional Triathletes Organisation, Pete Bellamy, Tim Godfrey, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Metaverse Standards Forum launched
Jun 21, 2022 – The Metaverse Standards Forum brings together standards organizations and companies for cooperation on interoperability standards needed to build the open metaverse. The Forum will explore where the lack of interoperability is holding back metaverse deployment.
News categories: Metaverse Standards Forum, Neil Trevett, Gaming, Metaverse, Worldwide
Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
Jun 16, 2022 – Paramount+ has marked its entry to Asia with the launch of its streaming service in South Korea on the number-one K-content platform, TVING. Existing TVING subscribers can now stream Paramount+ content at no extra charge.
News categories: Paramount, TVING, Mark Specht, Jay Yang, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
Goldman Sachs to put $325 million into iSpot.tv
Apr 27, 2022 – iSpot.tv has signed an agreement with funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management for a $325 million investment. iSpot, which has raised $58 million since being founded in April 2012, now generates over $100 million in annual recurring revenues.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Goldman Sachs, Sean Muller, Leonard Seevers, Joon Park, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
Nielsen brings in Inscape Smart TV data for local and national TV measurement
Apr 26, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced an agreement that provides Nielsen with Inscape glass-level Smart TV viewership data. Nielsen now has the rights to integrate Inscape data for both local and national audience measurement.
News categories: Nielsen, VIZIO, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Spin Digital releases new version of live video encoder for 8K
Apr 19, 2022 – Spin Digital has announced the availability of a new version of its 8K HEVC live encoder. In this version, the HEVC encoder has been optimized to enable low-latency 8K streaming over the internet with very high quality.
News categories: Spin Digital, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Blu Digital Group launches AI-driven ad-placement detection for FAST and AVOD
Apr 12, 2022 – Blu Digital Group (BDG) has launched BluSpot. BluSpot uses AI to take any video and automatically detect ad placement opportunities for film/TV content intended to stream on ad-based platforms (FAST and AVOD).
News categories: Blu Digital, George Rausch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
CNA app available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Mar 30, 2022 – Vewd has announced that CNA is now available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs worldwide. CNA is a 24-hour English-language news TV channel based in Singapore and available in 29 territories across Asia, the Middle East, and Australia.
News categories: Vewd, CNA, Amanda Oleson, Woon Chuk Chan, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Streaming
Newyonder launches sustainable film streamer with Red Bee
Mar 15, 2022 – All content on Newyonder will initially be available through PPV streaming, enabled by Red Bee's Managed OTT services. Films are albert-certified (BAFTA) carbon-neutral, sustainable productions with the ambition to have a positive social and environmental impact.
News categories: Red Bee, Newyonder, James Arnold, Jon Cleave, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup