Digital TV News: HUMAN
rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
Sep 20, 2021 – smartclip and rlaxx TV have partnered to monetise the linear ad breaks within the rlaxx TV channel offering in Europe. The cooperation will kick off in the UK and Germany, with Spain joining in the next few months.
News categories: smartclip, rlaxx TV, Stephen Byrne, Ronny Lutzi, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Spain, Streaming, UK
Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
Sep 15, 2021 – Actus Digital has announced a new version of its media monitoring platform offering simplified but sophisticated tools for multi-viewer monitoring and QA of multi-rendition OTT streams and OTA linear content.
News categories: Actus Digital, Ken Rubin, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Worldwide
Fox Corporation invests in Eluvio
Aug 25, 2021 – Fox (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX;) and Eluvio have announced that FOX has made a strategic investment in Eluvio to accelerate the adoption of Eluvio's blockchain platform across the broader media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Fox Corp, Eluvio, Paul Cheesbrough, Scott Greenberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
TCL introduces 5-Series and 6-Series TVs with Google TV
Aug 10, 2021 – TCL has announced pricing and availability of the first TCL TV lines with Google TV across its premium and high-performance 5- and 6-Series, enhancing its portfolio of award-winning televisions.
News categories: TCL, Chris Larson, Android TV, Digital TV, North America, Smart TV
Globecast deploys Elecard to monitor cloud playout quality
Jul 13, 2021 – Elecard has announced that Globecast has deployed Elecard's Boro monitoring system as part of its playout infrastructure to help ensure smooth development, implementation and operation of the cloud platform.
News categories: Elecard, Globecast, Anton Proshutya, Chris Pulis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
HBO Max launches ad-supported tier
Jun 2, 2021 – HBO Max has launched an advertising-supported subscription tier. With the launch, HBO Max consumers can now choose between the existing ad-free subscription option at $14.99 per month, or one with ads for $9.99.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HUMAN discovers and disrupts CTV ad fraud botnet
Apr 21, 2021 – HUMAN has discovered a CTV ad fraud botnet consisting of nearly a million infected mobile Android devices pretending to be millions of people watching ads on smart TVs and other devices.
News categories: HUMAN, Tamer Hassan, Michael McNally, Per Bjorke, Willard Simmons, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks