Digital TV News: Hulu
Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
Nov 29, 2023 – US cable and satellite pay-TV services are set to face subscription declines in the coming years as their remaining viewers increasingly shift to OTT streaming services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 465,000 subscribers in 3Q 2023
Nov 14, 2023 – Leichtman Research Grouphas found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 465,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2023, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 385,000 in 3Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Disney to purchase remaining stake in Hulu from Comcast
Nov 1, 2023 – Disney (NYSE: DIS) is to acquire the 33% stake in Hulu held by Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) following Comcast's exercise of its right under the put/call arrangement between the two companies.
News categories: Disney, Hulu, Comcast, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Nielsen to integrate U.S. ACR data from LG Ad Solutions
Oct 19, 2023 – Nielsen has announced that LG Ad Solutions will provide Nielsen with its ACR data for use in its U.S. TV measurement service, giving Nielsen the largest ACR data footprint in the industry.
News categories: Nielsen, LG Ad Solutions, Ameneh Atai, Alistair Sutcliffe, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Mediacom to bring Xumo Stream Box to its broadband customers
Oct 19, 2023 – Xumo has announced Mediacom Communications will begin offering the Xumo Stream Box to its Xtream Internet customers in the coming months, the third U.S.-based operator to do so.
News categories: Xumo, Mediacom, Michael Gatzke, Tapan Dandnaik, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Cineverse search integrates Vionlabs' cognitive AI
Oct 5, 2023 – Cineverse (NASDAQ: CNVS) is to use Vionlabs' AI technology to enable search capabilities on its streaming platform and to provide metadata for an upcoming advanced search product.
News categories: Cineverse, Vionlabs, Tony Huidor, Marcus Bergström, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Xumo rolls out streaming box to Charter and Comcast households
Oct 4, 2023 – Xumo has launched its Xumo Stream Box to Spectrum households, with plans to bring it to Xfinity homes soon. Xumo Stream Box is powered by Comcast's Entertainment OS.
News categories: Xumo, Charter, Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Rich DiGeronimo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
Sep 28, 2023 – Xumo has teamed up with Best Buy to launch Pioneer Xumo TVs. The TVs feature universal voice search, and a user interface that enables consumers to browse content across all their streaming apps.
News categories: Xumo, Best Buy, Stephanie Cassi, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
Sep 20, 2023 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a range of updates to its Fire TV family, introducing voice search with generative AI, upgrades to the Fire TV Ambient Experience, and more powerful Fire TV Sticks.
News categories: Amazon, Tapas Roy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024