Digital TV News: Hulu
A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
Oct 20, 2021 – Research from TDG finds that the number of U.S. households subscribing to a broadband service but not a pay-TV service will grow from 38 million in 2020 to 54 million in 2025, up 42% in the five-year period.
News categories: TDG, Paul Hockenbury, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Nielsen relaunches streaming measurement suite
Oct 7, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) is bringing its streaming solutions together in a single measurement suite encompassing ad-supported and subscription-based service models across content, ads and platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TVision and Gemius bring cross-platform measurement to the ad industry
Oct 4, 2021 – TVision and Gemius have partnered to provide measurement of video ads across TV, mobile and digital, enabling the alignment of campaigns across all these platforms to avoid wearout and frequency overload.
News categories: TVision, Gemius, Yan Liu, Marta Sulkiewicz, Josh Chasin, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Amazon introduces Echo Show 15 with 1080p video streaming
Sep 28, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced Echo Show 15, with a 15.6", 1080p Full HD display. As well as its smart home features, Echo Show 15 integrates access to Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
Sep 20, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Content Discovery report for 2021. The report shows content streamed for the first time is discovered in four ways: word of mouth, advertising, social media and streaming service recommendations.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
Sep 13, 2021 – Consumer data from Parks Associates has revealed that 54% of US broadband households now combine one of the Big 3, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, with at least one other subscription OTT service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
fuboTV available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is now available on the VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) SmartCast platform. With fuboTV, SmartCast users can enjoy more than 100 channels streaming live sporting events plus news and entertainment content.
News categories: VIZIO, fuboTV, Katherine Pond, Len Landi, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. SVOD subscriptions to grow to 450 million in 2026
Sep 2, 2021 – Digital TV Research expects SVOD subscriptions in the US to climb by 33% from 338 million at end-2021 to 450 million in 2026, with about 87% of TV households subscribing to at least one SVOD platform by then.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030