Digital TV News: ION Media Networks
Scripps completes acquisition of ION Media
Jan 7, 2021 – Scripps (NASDAQ: SSP) and Black Diamond Capital Management have closed Scripps' acquisition of ION Media Networks. Scripps is combining ION with the Katz networks and Newsy to create a national U.S. TV networks business.
News categories: Scripps, Black Diamond, Adam Symson, Christopher W. Parker, Content Distribution, MandA, USA
ION Media Networks to Upgrade Top 10 Station Markets with Mobile TV Delivery in First Quarter 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – ION Media Networks has announced plans to upgrade its station markets in the first quarter 2011, enabling TV content to be transmitted to mobile devices in the nation's top 10 television markets.
News categories: ION Media, Mobile, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Samsung Moment™ Mobile Phone to Demonstrate Mobile Digital TV at International CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Samsung have announced that Samsung Moment™ will display a mobile phone demonstration of the North American mobile digital TV broadcasting standard during International CES 2010 in Las Vegas on January 7 - 10, 2010.
News categories: Samsung, Sprint, CES2022, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition Launching Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Q1 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – A real-world showcase to gauge consumer interest in Mobile Digital Television will begin in the Washington, D.C. area in the first quarter of 2010, with eight local area television stations transmitting to hundreds of mobile devices.
News categories: OMVC, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, USA
ION Media Launches ATSC-M/H in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Jun 29, 2009 – ION Media Networks has announced the launch of its Digital Broadcast 'Triple Play' in New York City and Washington, D.C. The DTV service includes the broadcast of ION Television, in high-definition, two additional digital networks, plus Mobile DTV.
News categories: ION Media Networks, Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion