Digital TV News: Intel
Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
Sep 25, 2023 – The District Court of Munich has ruled that Netflix is infringing a Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) patent related to HEVC/H.265 video coding. The court has issued a cease-and-desist injunction.
News categories: Broadcom, Netflix, Mark Terrano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Patent, Semiconductor
TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
Sep 14, 2023 – TCL has announced pricing and availability for the first TCL televisions in the U.S. with Fire TV built in. The TCL Q and S Class models with Fire TV also include a Voice Remote with Alexa.
News categories: TCL, Amazon, Chris Hamdorf, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
Sep 15, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has collaborated with Netgem to introduce its N9000 Android TV STB combined with Netgem's Immersive TV service to provide the ultimate cloud gaming experience.
News categories: ZTE, Netgem, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
Sep 14, 2023 – Pixalate has introduced the Apple TV CTV Trends Report Q2 2023, analyzing Apple TV's position in the CTV device landscape and the open programmatic advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
iWedia, Synaptics and OBLO measure user engagement with content and ads
Sep 15, 2023 – iWedia has partnered with Synaptics to create a product, powered by OBLO Cloud technology, that utilizes advanced camera technology to measure user engagement with TV content and ads.
News categories: iWedia, Synaptics, OBLO, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
PFT unveils ad break automation powered by AI at IBC 2023
Sep 14, 2023 – Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) has launched Ad Break Automation, powered by CLEAR AI, enabling content owners to automatically identify the best spots for ad placement on FAST and AVOD platforms.
News categories: Prime Focus Technologies, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca integrates generative AI with Microsoft
Sep 14, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) is collaborating with Microsoft to integrate large language models on Microsoft Azure to enhance personalized content discovery, recommendations, and protection.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Microsoft Azure, Alain Nochimowski, Xavier Perret, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, UX, Worldwide
TVU introduces low-latency inverse statmux technology
Sep 7, 2023 – TVU Networks has unveiled ISX, the next generation of its Inverse Statmux (Statistical Multiplexing) technology. ISX is a major leap forward in live video transmission with latency of just 0.3 seconds.
News categories: TVU Networks, Paul Shen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Mobile, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data