Digital TV News: International Launch Services
Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
Oct 10, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that EUTELSAT 5 West B satellite was successfully launched into super-synchronous transfer orbit by ILS using a Proton Breeze M rocket that lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome at 12.17 pm CET on October 9.
News categories: Eutelsat, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Amazonas 5 satellite arrives at Baikonur spaceport
Aug 10, 2017 – The Amazonas 5 satellite has arrived at the ILS launch site in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. It has 24 transponders in the Ku band offering coverage over Central and South America that will provide DTH television services.
News categories: Hispasat, International Launch Services, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 9B satellite successfully launched
Jan 30, 2016 – The EUTELSAT 9B satellite has been successfully launched into geosynchronous transfer orbit. EUTELSAT 9B will be positioned at 9°E to assume broadcasting of TV channels currently served by EUTELSAT 9A and to provide expansion capacity.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 – Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
DISH Network Launches New Satellite to Expand Industry's Largest HD Offering
Mar 21, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has announced the successful launch of its latest satellite, EchoStar XIV. EchoStar XIV allows DISH Network to continue expanding the largest high definition offering in the U.S.
News categories: DISH Network, Content Distribution, Satellite, USA
Ciel II Satellite Successfully Launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome
Dec 11, 2008 – The Ciel Satellite Group has announced that its Ciel II communications satellite has been launched. Ciel II will be providing HDTV services into the North American market with DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) as the anchor customer.
News categories: Ciel Satellite, Content Distribution, North America, Satellite, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV