Digital TV News: International Launch Services
Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
Oct 10, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that EUTELSAT 5 West B satellite was successfully launched into super-synchronous transfer orbit by ILS using a Proton Breeze M rocket that lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome at 12.17 pm CET on October 9.
News categories: Eutelsat, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Amazonas 5 satellite arrives at Baikonur spaceport
Aug 10, 2017 – The Amazonas 5 satellite has arrived at the ILS launch site in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. It has 24 transponders in the Ku band offering coverage over Central and South America that will provide DTH television services.
News categories: Hispasat, International Launch Services, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 9B satellite successfully launched
Jan 30, 2016 – The EUTELSAT 9B satellite has been successfully launched into geosynchronous transfer orbit. EUTELSAT 9B will be positioned at 9°E to assume broadcasting of TV channels currently served by EUTELSAT 9A and to provide expansion capacity.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 – Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
DISH Network Launches New Satellite to Expand Industry's Largest HD Offering
Mar 21, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has announced the successful launch of its latest satellite, EchoStar XIV. EchoStar XIV allows DISH Network to continue expanding the largest high definition offering in the U.S.
News categories: DISH Network, Content Distribution, Satellite, USA
Ciel II Satellite Successfully Launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome
Dec 11, 2008 – The Ciel Satellite Group has announced that its Ciel II communications satellite has been launched. Ciel II will be providing HDTV services into the North American market with DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) as the anchor customer.
News categories: Ciel Satellite, Content Distribution, North America, Satellite, USA
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation