Digital TV News: Lantiq
ViXS, Unihan, Lantiq and Morega Announce Home Media Gateway Platform
Jan 7, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced a home media gateway platform, Forge, developed in partnership with Unihan, Lantiq and Morega Systems. Forge combines internet access, voice services, and wireless delivery of premium video, pictures and music throughout the home and beyond.
News categories: ViXS, Unihan, Lantiq, Morega Systems, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Lantiq and SoftAtHome show Broadband Home Gateway at BBWF
Oct 15, 2012 – Lantiq and SoftAtHome are collaborating at the Broadband World Forum to demonstrate a Lantiq-based gateway running the SoftAtHome gBox (gateway Box) software, which enables advanced services for multi-screen home networking environments.
News categories: Lantiq, SoftAtHome, BBWF, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Majority of Set-Top Box to Remain Hard Wired through 2017 Despite Dominance of Wi-Fi Home Networks
Jul 31, 2012 – While Wi-Fi remains the predominant networking technology in most consumer's homes, wired solutions are gaining traction. MoCA has become the go-to wired technology in North America, while HomePlug continues to do well in Western Europe.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HomePlug Node Shipments to Surpass 30 Million by 2014
Jun 29, 2011 – Acording to In-Stat, set-top box home networking will be dominated by MoCA over the next five years. However, G.hn will make impressive gains becoming the second most popular standard by 2013 and challenging MoCA by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA Networking Nodes Shipments Surpass 40 Million in 2010
Apr 26, 2011 – The demand for more bandwidth-consuming applications is causing service providers to turn to wired networking solutions, propelling non-Ethernet home networking node shipments past the 40 million units in 2010, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
New VDSL Subscribers to Quadruple by 2014
Feb 23, 2011 – New VDSL subscribers are set to nearly quadruple by 2014 as more competitors begin to ramp up their support for the technology, according to new IHS iSuppli research. A total of 23.3 million new VDSL subscribers were added in 2010.
News categories: iSuppli, Broadband, Market Research, Semiconductor, Subscribers
Lantiq Introduces Family of Chips Supporting the ITU-T G.hn Standard for Home Networking
Jan 3, 2011 – Lantiq has introduced a chip family supporting the ITU-T G.hn standard for wired home networks. Lantiq XWAY™ HNX devices provide a foundation for in-home networks that can be connected using any combination of phone, power and cable wiring.
News categories: Lantiq, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SoftAtHome and Lantiq Bring Innovative and High Performance Home Gateways to Service Providers
Nov 23, 2010 – SoftAtHome and Lantiq have announced that they are collaborating to deliver a ChipSet Support Package (CSSP) that enables SoftAtHome Operating Platform (SOP) to rapidly be deployed on the latest generation of Lantiq SoCs.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Lantiq, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma/CopperGate to Demo Leading IPTV Set-Top Box Processors and Home Networking at IPTV World Forum
Mar 22, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and its subsidiary, CopperGate, will demonstrate a complete range of IPTV solutions at IPTV World Forum from March 23 - March 25, 2010, at the Olympia National Hall in London.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria