Digital TV News: Marlin
Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
Jun 20, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced additions to its DASH DRM Reference Application: multiperiod DASH, as may result from server-side ad insertion (SSAI); and PlayReady SL3000, as is being required more and more by US content providers.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Streaming, Worldwide
Converged broadcast and streaming services to become mainstream
Feb 3, 2022 – Intertrust has released a report revealing broadcast TV will continue to be viable for the foreseeable future, despite the growth of streaming, and suggests the video industry will evolve to a hybrid approach, where linear broadcasting coexists alongside VOD and live streaming.
News categories: Intertrust, Manas Mati, Tim Siglin, Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
VIDAA and Intertrust partner to secure broadcasting direct-to-TV
Nov 17, 2021 – VIDAA and Intertrust have announced the availability of Hisense smart TVs preloaded with Intertrust's content security for broadcast TV protection. The solution enables secure direct-to-TV broadcasting without the need for STBs or CAMs.
News categories: Intertrust, VIDAA, Kenny Huang, Guy Edri, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Unified Streaming makes Unified Origin available on Microsoft Azure
Aug 4, 2021 – Unified Streaming has announced the general availability of its Unified Origin software on Microsoft Azure. Unified Origin enables streaming of live and VOD content from one unified source to multiple clients and devices.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Microsoft Azure, Simon Westbroek, Veronica Labad, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
SonyLIV selects Intertrust's cloud-based multi-DRM
May 6, 2020 – Intertrust’s cloud-based multi-DRM service, ExpressPlay DRM, has been selected by SonyLIV to protect content streaming and downloads on all devices. The partnership covers all channels and entertainment programming on the SonyLIV platform.
News categories: Intertrust, SonyLIV, Talal G. Shamoon, Manish Verma, Digital TV, DRM, India, Streaming
Intertrust and Fastly integrate to protect Direct-to-Consumer streaming
Apr 21, 2020 – Intertrust has announced an integrated solution with edge cloud platform provider Fastly (NYSE:FSLY). The partnership incorporates Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM, a multi-DRM cloud service, with Fastly’s on-the-fly packaging (OTFP) service.
News categories: Intertrust, Fastly, Kenny Huang, Lee Chen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Intertrust and Friend MTS extend partnership to streaming piracy
Feb 5, 2020 – Intertrust and Friend MTS have announced an extended partnership agreement that enhances Intertrust's ExpressPlay content protection platform with cutting-edge Friend MTS anti-piracy and watermarking technology services.
News categories: Intertrust, Friend MTS, Ali Hodjat, Simon Hanna, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, UK
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience