Digital TV News: Microsoft
Viaccess-Orca integrates generative AI with Microsoft
Sep 14, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) is collaborating with Microsoft to integrate large language models on Microsoft Azure to enhance personalized content discovery, recommendations, and protection.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Microsoft Azure, Alain Nochimowski, Xavier Perret, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, UX, Worldwide
NAGRA and Eluvio partner on video distribution with forensic watermarking
Sep 6, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Eluvio have announced the integration of NAGRA NexGuard forensic watermarking to secure playback of video via the Eluvio Content Fabric and Eluvio Media Wallet.
News categories: NAGRA, Eluvio, Ken Gerstein, Michelle Munson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
MediaKind launches streaming platform for Microsoft Azure users
Jul 25, 2023 – MediaKind has unveiled MK/IO, a VOD and live streaming solution built on Microsoft Azure. MK/IO offers encoding, packaging for files and streams, DRM support and a native media player.
News categories: MediaKind, Microsoft Azure, Allen Broome, Simon Crownshaw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
Telly’s free 55” 4K dual-screen TVs begin shipping
Jul 13, 2023 – Telly has begun shipping its 55" 4K dual-screen TV sets to consumers, and has announced product, data, and ad partnerships with Harman Kardon, LiveOne, Magnite, Microsoft, Nielsen, and Spotify.
News categories: Telly, Ilya Pozin, Bob Ivins, Michael Barrett, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Addressable TV now a $56bn industry
Jun 26, 2023 – A report published by Ampere Analysis, with Finecast and Microsoft Advertising, finds that the global addressable TV sector is now a $56bn industry. This is set to rise to $87bn by 2027.
News categories: Finecast, Ampere Analysis, Microsoft Advertising, Kristian Claxton, Richard Broughton, Dave Osborn, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
UK to continue as the leading entertainment and media market in Europe
Jun 27, 2023 – According to PwC's Global Entertainment & Media (E&M) Outlook 2023-2027, the UK is set to maintain its position as the leading E&M market in Europe over the next four years.
News categories: PwC, Mary Shelton Rose, Dan Bunyan, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
Jun 1, 2023 – According to IDC, global shipments of AR and VR headsets slowed significantly in Q1 2023 as economic conditions worsened and the market cooled compared to pandemic driven highs seen last year.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
May 24, 2023 – Player.pl is now available on Xbox One and Xbox series devices in Poland. The service operates on the Redge Media platform, a white label video streaming solution for content distributors.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Mateusz Zawiślak, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
CalaTelevision to launch CalaWeather channel with PlayBox Neo
Apr 6, 2023 – CalaTelevision will add a new cloud-based playout system for its CalaWeather channel – Cloud2TV from PlayBox Neo. CalaWeather provides weather for the Caribbean and Central America.
News categories: PlayBox Neo, CalaTelevision, Caribbean, Central America, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia