Digital TV News: Microsoft
Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
Sep 26, 2022 – The U.S. gaming population expanded by 3% from 2019 to 2022, as 9 million new gamers aged 13 to 64 entered the market, according to a CTA study. The active gaming population in this age range now totals 164 million.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Steven Hummel, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA
LG Smart TVs to incorporate Intertrust ExpressPlay conditional access
Sep 6, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) and Intertrust have announced that LG Smart TVs will be Intertrust ExpressPlay XCA-enabled. LG’s XCA enabled TVs will support operators in Germany starting in 2023.
News categories: ExpressPlay, HD+, LG Electronics, Manas Matti, Alexander Sacher, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, Smart TV
Metaverse Standards Forum launched
Jun 21, 2022 – The Metaverse Standards Forum brings together standards organizations and companies for cooperation on interoperability standards needed to build the open metaverse. The Forum will explore where the lack of interoperability is holding back metaverse deployment.
News categories: Metaverse Standards Forum, Neil Trevett, Gaming, Metaverse, Worldwide
Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
Jun 20, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced additions to its DASH DRM Reference Application: multiperiod DASH, as may result from server-side ad insertion (SSAI); and PlayReady SL3000, as is being required more and more by US content providers.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Streaming, Worldwide
Samsung bring Xbox App to Smart TVs
Jun 10, 2022 – Samsung has announced that the Xbox App will be available on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs including Neo QLED 8K, Neo QLED 4K, QLEDs to become the world’s first Smart TV platform to include the Xbox app on Smart TVs.
News categories: Samsung, Xbox, Won-Jin Lee, Phil Spencer, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mediaset España selects Unified Streaming technology
May 3, 2022 – Unified Streaming is partnering with Mediaset España to optimize Mediaset's live streaming and linear programming. Mediaset España is also implementing Unified technology for content protection and to package its VOD catalog, with and without DRM.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Mediaset, Ewout Meijer, Manuel Jesús Guisado, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain
Pluto TV comes to Xbox consoles and Windows PCs
Mar 31, 2022 – Pluto TV has announced the availability of its free streaming television service on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and on PCs with Windows 10 or Windows 11, in several European countries and in Latin America.
News categories: Pluto TV, Xbox, Olivier Jollet, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Streaming
beIN MEDIA selects Quortex and Cognacq-Jay Image to power sports streaming
Mar 29, 2022 – Cognacq-Jay Image, in partnership with Quortex, has announced that beIN MEDIA has chosen Quortex’s technology to provide streaming services for its sports content in the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Cognacq-Jay Image, Quortex, beIN MEDIA, François Nguyen, Marc Baillavoine, Faisal Al Raisi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring