Digital TV News: Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
ZTE trials AndroidTV STB at Tokushima Cable
Apr 27, 2016 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that is has successfully demonstrated a live test of its AndroidTV set-top box (STB) B800S2 on Tokushima TV's network. The TV station plans to put the B800S2 STB into large scale commercial use in June 2016.
News categories: ZTE, Tokushima, Kunai, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
NEC launches 8K H.265/HEVC codec
Mar 22, 2016 – NEC (TSE: 6701) has announced the global launch of its VC-8350 encoder and VD-8350 decoder in April 2016, achieving encoding and decoding of 8K/60P UHD video in support of future 8K broadcasting services.
News categories: NEC Corp, Tooru Watanabe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, NABShow, Worldwide
SiTune creates first tuner supporting Japan's 8K TV satellite standard
Jan 8, 2016 – SiTune has announced the STN6528, the first tuner capable of supporting the new Advanced Wide Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting Standard (ARIB STD-B44) for broadcasting 8K digital television (TV) via satellite.
News categories: SiTune, Ben Runyan, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Vietnam and Japan plan workshop on smart TV
Jan 16, 2015 – Vietnam's Ministry of Information and Communications and Japan's Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications hosted a Vietnam-Japan policy dialogue on information and communications technology (ICT) in Hanoi on January 16, 2015.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Communications, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Hitachi to install ISDB-T transmitters in Botswana
Oct 30, 2014 – Hitachi Kokusai Linear Equipamentos Eletrônicos has announced that it has received an order for DTT transmitters from Botswana TV. The contract covers the design, production, installation and construction of transmitters located at 45 sites across Botswana.
News categories: Hitachi, Botswana TV, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Hitachi to carry out ISDB-T DTT broadcast testing in Mozambique
Mar 1, 2013 – In order to contribute to the spread of the Japanese digital terrestrial television broadcast system, ISDB-T, Hitachi Kokusai Electric (TSE: 6756) will conduct demonstration testing using digital transmitters in the Republic of Mozambique from this March.
News categories: Hitachi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mozambique, Terrestrial
Toshiba Unveils World First 3D LCD TVs without Dedicated Glasses
Oct 4, 2010 – Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) has unveiled the world's first LCD TVs that offer comprehensive 3D capabilities without any need for dedicated glasses. The new 'Glasses-less 3D REGZA GL1' series offers two models with screen sizes of 20-inches and 12-inches.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, Japan, Metaverse, Smart TV
Japanese Digital TV Trials in UAE
Feb 19, 2010 – Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Tokyo's Areaportal Corporation will carry out the first trials of a new, one-seg area broadcasting service from February 16 to 28 in the UAE.
News categories: Mitsubishi, Areaportal, Mobile, UAE
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households