Digital TV News: Mobile TeleSystems
MTS launches KION video streaming platform
Apr 20, 2021 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE:MBT; MOEX:MTSS] has announced the launch of KION, an OTT video streaming platform. KION brings together licensed content and exclusive titles, for Russian viewers.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vyacheslav Nikolaev, Igor Mishin, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
MTS launches satellite TV in Russia
Nov 12, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE: MBT] in partnership with Sistema Mass Media (SMM) [LSE: SSA] has announced the launch of satellite TV services under the MTS brand throughout Russia. MTS will offer subscribers 160 TV channels.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vasyl Latsanych, Vitaly Studitskikh, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Russia's MTS launches new HD STB
Jul 29, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (“MTS” – NYSE: MBT), the leading telecommunications operator in Russia and the CIS, has announced the availability of a new high definition digital set-top box (STB).
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box
MTS sole bidder for DTH on ABS-2 over Russia
Jul 14, 2014 – Russia's ROSKOMNADZOR has said that it has received only one application to run a DTH television service on ABS-2. The single bidder was Sistema. According to RBC Daily, the service will be operated by MTS, a company controlled by Sistema.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Sistema, ROSKOMNADZOR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Russia, Satellite
Russia's MTS loses 325,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Mar 18, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (NYSE: MBT) has announced results for the three months and full year ended December 31, 2013. MTS finished 2013 with 2.613 million pay TV subscribers, down 325 thousand in year-on-year.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Cable TV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Russia's MTS buys hybrid TV solution from Ericsson
Feb 26, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) has signed an agreement for the purchase of a hybrid TV solution from Ericsson. The system will form a common platform for all of MTS' pay TV services across Russia.
News categories: Ericsson, Mobile TeleSystems, NVision, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IPTV, Russia
SmartLabs to provide IPTV set-top boxes to Russia's MTS
Nov 5, 2011 – Following an open tender process, Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (NYSE:MBT), a leading telecommunications operator in Russia and the CIS, has chosen SmartLabs as a provider of IPTV set-top boxes for the MTS Home TV service.
News categories: SmartLabs, Mobile TeleSystems, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
MTS Uzbekistan launches Mobile TV service
May 12, 2009 – MTS Uzbekistan (NYSE: MBT) has announced that the company is the first in Uzbekistan and one of the first in the CIS to launch a commercial mobile TV service. The company has launched the 3G service after a successful technical trial.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, 5G, Mobile, Uzbekistan
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX