Digital TV News: Mobile500 Alliance
Sinclair commits to Mobile DTV in nine additional U.S. markets
Apr 2, 2013 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has announced that it will begin broadcasting mobile-capable signals over 10 stations in nine markets over the next six months. Currently, Sinclair, in partnership with Cunningham Broadcasting, provides mobile DTV on two stations in Columbus, Ohio.
News categories: Sinclair, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Launches Mobile Digital TV in Seattle and Minneapolis
Jan 3, 2013 – The Mobile500 Alliance with Fisher Communications (NASDAQ: FSCI) and Hubbard Broadcasting has announced the soft consumer launch of its mobile digital television service, called MyDTV, in the Seattle and Minneapolis markets.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Fisher Communications, Hubbard Broadcasting, Apps, CES2023, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Mobile500 Alliance Demonstrates First Complete Mobile Digital TV Consumer Product
Apr 16, 2012 – At the 2012 NAB Show, the Mobile500 Alliance detailed its business model and enhanced features for Mobile DTV, including new interactive advertising and an improved user experience that features social media integration with Twitter.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Advertising, Conditional Access, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
Broadcasters Gear Up for 2012 Commercial Mobile DTV
Apr 13, 2012 – Devices based on the ATSC Mobile DTV Standard are coming to NAB 2012 on a variety of different platforms, including receivers for the car, portable TVs, iPad accessories, and other mobile products designed to bring Mobile DTV to viewers wherever they go.
News categories: Content Distribution, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor
Mobile500 Alliance to Demonstrate Second Generation Mobile DTV Application at NAB Show
Apr 10, 2012 – The Mobile500 Alliance has announced that it will demonstrate its second generation Mobile Digital Television application at the 2012 NAB Show. Enhancements include social media integration, closed captioning, interstitials and interactive banners.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Advertising, Apps, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Demonstrates End-to-End Solution for Monetizing Mobile DTV at CES®
Jan 9, 2012 – The Mobile500 Alliance has unveiled an end-to-end solution that will enable its member broadcasters to build new revenue streams through Mobile DTV. The solution is to be made available to member companies after beta launch and evaluation in Seattle.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, CES2023, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
U.S. Mobile Digital TV Expands to 120 Stations
Jan 6, 2012 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that a wide array of device manufacturers, service operators and technology companies will feature at the Mobile DTV TechZone during next week's consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES2023, Mobile, USA
Mobile Digital Television on Track to Reach Two-Thirds of U.S. Households by Early Next Year
Aug 4, 2011 – Mobile Digital Television is on track to reach two-thirds of U.S. households by early 2012. In addition, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) announced that its Mobile DTV Trust Authority, managed by Neustar, is now operational.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Mobile, USA
New Mobile Digital TV Technologies, Innovative Demos Show Bright Future for America's TV Broadcasters
Apr 11, 2011 – During the 2011 NAB Show, broadcast industry executives will get their first glimpse at the latest Mobile DTV products now reaching retail stores as well as pioneering demonstrations of the flexible broadcast standard's future capabilities.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mobile, NABShow, USA
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines