Digital TV News: Now TV
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
Jan 19, 2023 – Roku has revealed results from a study examining Canadian TV streaming behaviours and trends. According to the report, 76% of Canadians are TV streamers and ad-supported TV is on the rise with 52% tuning in.
News categories: Roku, Christina Summers, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
UK entertainment sales at record £11.1bn for 2022
Jan 10, 2023 – The value of the UK home entertainment market soared to £11.1bn in 2022, an all-time record for music, video and games sales, according to ERA. The fastest growing sector in 2022 was video, up 14.4% to £4,432m.
News categories: Entertainment Retailers Association, Ben Drury, Kim Bayle, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, UK
TalkTalk launches TV Hub powered by Android TV
Oct 17, 2022 – TalkTalk has launched a TV Hub powered by Android TV. The box offers over 70 live TV channels, catchup services including BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub with streaming & subscription services including Netflix, Prime Video and NOW TV.
News categories: TalkTalk, Vantiva, Susie Buckridge, Christian Lefebvre, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Now TV introduces 'Now H1' Android TV box
May 24, 2022 – Now TV (SEHK:6823) has launched Now H1, a smart device that runs on the Android TV OS and enables Now H1 users to enjoy a world of entertainment with Now TV movies, drama, sports and edutainment, as well as all their favourite personal apps from Google Play.
News categories: HKT, Google, Now TV, Derek Choi, Michael Yue, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q4 2021
Feb 17, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q4 2021. In Q4 2021, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service rose above 19 million for the first time to reach 19.1 million homes (66.9% of households).
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set