Digital TV News: Pace Micro Technology
Digital cable set-top box demand falling in 2009
Oct 6, 2009 – After a record-setting year in 2008, worldwide digital cable set top box (STB) demand is falling in 2009, reports In-Stat. The slowdown in unit shipments and revenue has generally been concentrated in the comparatively advanced cable markets.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box
Pace signs significant new US cable contract
May 29, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it has signed a significant new contract for the US cable market.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Pace @ Anga: Convergence is key for cable
May 27, 2008 – Pace plc (LSE:PIC) is demonstrating the latest products that address the growing industry need for converging technologies and services at Anga Cable (May 27-29, 2008) in Cologne.
News categories: Pace Micro, ANGA COM, Cable TV
Pace Americas Announces Family of Next-Generation MPEG-4 Set-Top Boxes for Cable
May 18, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced a new family of next-generation MPEG-4 advanced video compression set-top boxes for cable operators in North and South America.
News categories: Pace Micro, Cable TV, Content Protection, DOCSIS, DVR, Latin America, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box, USA
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Pace Micro Technology to Showcase Its Family of Products for the Americas at NCTA's 2008 Cable Show May 18-20 in New Orleans
May 5, 2008 – Pace Micro (LSE:PIC) has announced plans to exhibit its family of products for the US, Canadian, and Latin American markets at the National Cable and Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) 2008 Cable Show in New Orleans, May 18-20, 2008.
News categories: Pace Micro, Cable TV, Conditional Access, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Philips announces completion of sale of Set-Top Boxes and Connectivity Solutions businesses to Pace Micro Technology of the UK
Apr 21, 2008 – Royal Philips Electronics (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) has announced that it has completed the sale of its Set-Top Boxes (STB) and Connectivity Solutions (CS) businesses to U.K.-based technology provider Pace Micro Technology (FTSE: PIC).
News categories: Pace Micro, Royal Philips Electronics, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
UK - Digital TV Summit 2008
Mar 7, 2008 – This event brought together key figures from Ofcom, BSkyB, Microsoft, Orange, Pace and others in a meeting to examine key advances in broadcasting, mobile and IP as well as discuss the regulatory issues these advancements may cause and the digital dividend.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, IPTV, Mobile, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FreeWheel: FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland