Digital TV News: Pace Micro Technology
Digital cable set-top box demand falling in 2009
Oct 6, 2009 – After a record-setting year in 2008, worldwide digital cable set top box (STB) demand is falling in 2009, reports In-Stat. The slowdown in unit shipments and revenue has generally been concentrated in the comparatively advanced cable markets.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box
Pace signs significant new US cable contract
May 29, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it has signed a significant new contract for the US cable market.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Pace @ Anga: Convergence is key for cable
May 27, 2008 – Pace plc (LSE:PIC) is demonstrating the latest products that address the growing industry need for converging technologies and services at Anga Cable (May 27-29, 2008) in Cologne.
News categories: Pace Micro, ANGA COM, Cable TV
Pace Americas Announces Family of Next-Generation MPEG-4 Set-Top Boxes for Cable
May 18, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced a new family of next-generation MPEG-4 advanced video compression set-top boxes for cable operators in North and South America.
News categories: Pace Micro, Cable TV, Content Protection, DOCSIS, DVR, Latin America, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box, USA
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Pace Micro Technology to Showcase Its Family of Products for the Americas at NCTA's 2008 Cable Show May 18-20 in New Orleans
May 5, 2008 – Pace Micro (LSE:PIC) has announced plans to exhibit its family of products for the US, Canadian, and Latin American markets at the National Cable and Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) 2008 Cable Show in New Orleans, May 18-20, 2008.
News categories: Pace Micro, Cable TV, Conditional Access, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Philips announces completion of sale of Set-Top Boxes and Connectivity Solutions businesses to Pace Micro Technology of the UK
Apr 21, 2008 – Royal Philips Electronics (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) has announced that it has completed the sale of its Set-Top Boxes (STB) and Connectivity Solutions (CS) businesses to U.K.-based technology provider Pace Micro Technology (FTSE: PIC).
News categories: Pace Micro, Royal Philips Electronics, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
UK - Digital TV Summit 2008
Mar 7, 2008 – This event brought together key figures from Ofcom, BSkyB, Microsoft, Orange, Pace and others in a meeting to examine key advances in broadcasting, mobile and IP as well as discuss the regulatory issues these advancements may cause and the digital dividend.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, IPTV, Mobile, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community