Digital TV News: Paramount
Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
Nov 28, 2023 – Edgio has announced the availability of reports for its delivery clients to help them gain better insight into how their streaming services perform across multiple video players.
News categories: Edgio, Kyle Faber, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
Nov 21, 2023 – Go Addressable has been incorporated as a non-profit trade organization, comprising a4 Advertising, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, DIRECTV Advertising, DISH Media and Paramount Advertising.
News categories: Go Addressable, Paramount, Larry Allen, Maribel Becker, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
Nov 27, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 321 million between 2023 and 2029 to reach 1.79 billion. The US will add 30 million, Brazil 23 million and India 27 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
KIPCO announces deal to bring together OSN+ and Anghami
Nov 21, 2023 – KIPCO has announced that its subsidiary, OSN, has reached a deal to combine its content streaming platform, OSN+, with Anghami's music and entertainment streaming platform.
News categories: KIPCO, OSN, Sheikha Dana Nasser Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah, Joe Kawkabani, Elie Habib, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, Streaming
Top five channels account for 20% of FAST consumption in U.S.
Nov 7, 2023 – Research from Omdia has revealed that FAST's growth in the US is being powered by a small number of players, with the top five channels accounting for more than 20% of monthly consumption.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Prime Video maintains top position in U.S. subscription video
Oct 31, 2023 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US subscription streaming video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2023.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Paramount to combine My5 with Pluto TV in the UK
Nov 1, 2023 – Paramount is to combine Channel 5's broadcast video-on-demand (BVOD) service, My5, with its FAST service Pluto TV, to bring audiences in the UK a supersized, free streaming service in 2024.
News categories: Paramount, Pluto TV, Channel 5, Maria Kyriacou, Olivier Jollet, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Barb releases Q3 2023 UK SVOD subscriptions data
Oct 26, 2023 – Barb has released data from its Establishment Survey showing that 19.3m UK homes (67.3%) had access to an SVOD service in Q3 2023, up from 18.8m (65.9%) that had access in Q2 2023.
News categories: Barb, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Swisscom: new TV-Box, Disney+ partnership and streaming package
Oct 17, 2023 – Swisscom will launch its new TV-Box 5 on 24 October 2023. The box is powered by Android TV. From November, the Disney+ streaming service will also be available to blue TV customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024