Digital TV News: Paramount
Netflix to remain SVOD world leader
Sep 20, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 475 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.68 billion. Six US-based platforms will account for 47% of the world’s total in 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Asia Pacific to add 205 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Sep 15, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific will have 746 million SVOD subscriptions by 2027, up from 541 million in 2021. China will have 364 million SVOD subscriptions by then – 49% of the region’s total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Roku launches OS 11.5 and new software features
Sep 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the latest enhancements coming to its operating system. In the coming months, the company will introduce a new content discovery experience as well as two updates to its What to Watch feature.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Western Europe to add 73 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Sep 12, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Western Europe will have 238 million SVOD subscriptions by 2027, up from 165 million at end-2021. Six US-based platforms will account for 81% of all the SVOD subscriptions by 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
SkyShowtime rollout to begin in the Nordics on September 20th
Sep 5, 2022 – SkyShowtime will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden on September 20th, before expanding into the Netherlands in Q4. The rollout will continue across Spain, Portugal, Andorra, and Central & Eastern Europe over the following months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
U.S. SVOD revenues expected to plateau from 2024
Aug 30, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, U.S. SVOD revenues will grow by $14 billion to $56 billion in 2024. However, growth is expected to be almost flat from 2024 to 2027 due to price competition and lower ARPUs from Netflix's hybrid AVOD-SVOD tier.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Latin America SVOD revenues to grow to $8.54 billion by 2027
Aug 25, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Latin American SVOD revenues will reach $8.54 billion by 2027, up from $5.01 billion in 2021. Netflix will account for 41% of the 2027 total, down from 72% in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
22 million Arabic SVOD subscribers by 2027
Aug 22, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 21.52 million paying SVOD subscriptions (TV episodes and movies only) across 13 Arabic countries by 2027, up from 9.49 million in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Roku introduces three more Roku TV partners in Mexico
Aug 18, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of new Roku TV brands in Mexico, from Aiwa, Daewoo, and Sansui. This builds on the Roku TV offering currently available in the country.
News categories: Roku, Arthur Van Rest, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader