Digital TV News: PopBox
Syabas Announces a New Product to the Mix, PopBox V8
Sep 2, 2011 – Syabas has announced the latest addition to the PopBox product line. The PopBox V8, the first player to utilize Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8670 chipset, offers up an easy to use media player in a small, sleek package.
News categories: Syabas, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Syabas Is First to Implement Matroska 3D Video
Mar 16, 2011 – Syabas Technology has announced that it is the first to support Matroska 3D in its latest firmware update for both the Popcorn Hour and PopBox products. A free firmware update is now available for the Popcorn Hour C-200.
News categories: Syabas, Matroska, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, VR
Syabas and Miniweb Deliver Connected TV Functionality to Popbox Devices
Jan 9, 2011 – Syabas has announced the integration of Miniweb's connected TV platform into Syabas's new generation of Popbox and Popcorn Hour set top boxes (STB). The integration adds internet video search and personalization features to the STBs.
News categories: Syabas, Miniweb, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
PopBox™ Leverages RealD Technology to Bring 3D Cinema Experience to HDTVs
May 21, 2010 – PopBox™ has announced that in tandem with RealD it will equip all PopBox devices with the ability to display high-definition 3D content. PopBox is the first over-the-top set-top box to support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, PopBox, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, VR
Syabas Announces Popbox for Big Screen Everything
Jan 5, 2010 – Syabas has announced Popbox, a small, $129 open platform set-top box that streams music, movies, photos, games, social media updates and more to today's HDTVs. Popbox supports just about every audio and video file type.
News categories: Syabas, Popbox, CES2022, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying