Digital TV News: Quantenna
Quantenna WiFi powers repeater and STB at Orange France
Oct 9, 2018 – Quantenna (NASDAQ: QTNA) has announced that Orange France has adopted Quantenna’s QV860 chipset, for its latest dual band, dual concurrent repeater 'Répéteur WiFi', and the QV940 chipset for its set-top box, 'Décodeur TV UHD'.
News categories: Quantenna, Orange, SoftAtHome, David Carroll, Laetitia Orsini Sharps, David Viret-Lange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Quantenna provides wireless chipsets for Canal+ France
Jan 29, 2018 – Quantenna (Nasdaq:QTNA) has announced that the Canal+ 'G9' satellite STB integrates Quantenna's 802.11ac 4x4 chipset to distribute video to its companion 'G9-mini' wireless OTT STB. The G9-mini integrates Quantenna's 2x4 dual-band 802.11ac/11n chipset.
News categories: Quantenna, Canal+, David Carroll, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Quantenna releases 802.11ac Wi-Fi ICs for OTT STBs
Sep 13, 2017 – Quantenna (Nasdaq:QTNA) has announced its Zero Memory family of 802.11ac Wi-Fi client products for OTT and STB applications. The Company provides three chipsets to cover the growing needs of service providers.
News categories: Quantenna, Lionel Bonnot, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Worldwide
MaxLinear demonstrates satellite UHD reference design with ST and Quantenna at IBC
Sep 11, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it will demonstrate a scalable multi-channel satellite UHD set-top box and media server reference design with STMicroelectronics and Quantenna at the IBC 2015 exhibition in Amsterdam.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, Quantenna, IBC2021, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils first STB SoC with integrated Wi-Fi and HDR support
Sep 8, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced its Cannes Wi-Fi (STiH390) System-on-Chip, targeting HD HEVC Wi-Fi IP client and interactive set-top-box markets. ST has joined forces with Quantenna to create the Cannes Wi-Fi (STiH390) SoC.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Quantenna, Philippe Notton, Lionel Bonnot, Digital TV, IBC2021, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Quantenna and SoftAtHome partner for wireless home networks
Oct 20, 2014 – Quantenna and SoftAtHome have partnered to deliver next generation of wireless home networks. SoftAtHome is offering its SOP7 software platform, powered by the QSR1000 4x4 802.11ac Wi-Fi chipset from Quantenna.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Quantenna, Michel Degland, Sam Heidari, BBWF, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Telefonica Vivo and Quantenna bring wireless TV to Brazil
Aug 6, 2014 – Quantenna has announced that Telefonica Vivo has chosen Quantenna technology to power its wireless IPTV service. Unveiled at ABTA 2014, the Vivo TV Fiber Wi-Fi Decoder eliminates the need for wired TV connections.
News categories: Quantenna, Telefonica Vivo, Rubens Cesar Bastos, Sam Heidari, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ViXS adds Quantenna 802.11ac Wi-Fi to XCode 6400 reference design
Jan 7, 2014 – Quantenna Communications has announced at CES that ViXS has added Quantenna’s 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology to their XCode 6400 reference design platform.
News categories: Quantenna, ViXS, Sally Daub, Dr. Sam Heidari, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Quantenna reveals 802.11ac Set-Top Box reference design with STMicroelectronics
Sep 12, 2013 – Quantenna has announced a single board Wi-Fi enabled set-top box reference design platform with STMicroelectronics that will reduce the cost and accelerate time to market for broadcasters offering wireless streaming of multimedia throughout the home.
News categories: Quantenna, STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Dr. Sam Heidari, Digital TV, IBC2021, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia