Digital TV News: RTL Group
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SyncTV Accelerates Momentum in OTT Video Market with Tenth Customer Launch this Year
Sep 7, 2011 – SyncTV has announced that it has reached a significant achievement of 10 live customer deployments for this year alone, with several more major deployments such as M6 in France (Part of RTL Group) scheduled to go live by year-end.
News categories: SyncTV, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, OTT
German and Bulgarian DTT platforms to deploy security from Conax
Sep 9, 2009 – Hannu Pro Bulgaria intends to use a Conax solution for deployment of 3 MUX SFN networks, which will cover 96% of Bulgarian territory by 2015. Conax will also provide operational content security for services marketed by Eutelsat visAvision.
News categories: Conax, Hannu Pro, Eutelsat, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Terrestrial
Germany had 28 million Online Video Viewers Watch More Than 3 billion Videos in December 2008
Feb 16, 2009 – comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has released data from the comScore Video Metrix service, indicating that 28.5 million German Internet users viewed a video online in December 2008, up 10 percent versus the previous year.
News categories: comScore, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Mobile TV is on the air in the Philippines with service built on NMS Communications' technology
Apr 30, 2008 – The Philippines' second-largest mobile operator, Globe Telecom, is offering Mobile TV on 3G, enabling users to watch their favorite live or made-for-mobile TV programs when and where they want.
News categories: NMS Communications, Globe Telecom, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic