Digital TV News: SES SIRIUS
SES ASTRA Boosts Household Reach in the Ukraine
Apr 21, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has significantly increased its reach in the Ukraine. SES ASTRA gained 1.8 million households in 2008, reaching almost all (2.2 million) of the 2.3 million digital satellite homes in the country.
News categories: SES ASTRA, SIRIUS, Cable TV, Market Research, NABShow, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
SES ASTRA starts new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East
Apr 29, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) has announced the start of a new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East to support the development of the Eastern European and Middle East markets.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
ORF Starts HDTV Channel on ASTRA
Apr 17, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG), has announced the launch of ORF HD on ASTRA. The new channel will start broadcasting first of May and offer the complete program of ORF1 in HD format.
News categories: SES ASTRA, ORF, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite
Satellite Leads European Digitalisation
Mar 18, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) has announced that according to its most recent annual reach study 83 per cent of the satellite TV households in Europe and North Africa are digitalized.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Africa, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Satellite, Spain, UK
SIRIUS 4 Satellite Successfully Launched
Nov 18, 2007 – SIRIUS 4 will be located at 5° East, SIRIUS' orbital position for delivering broadcast and broadband services across Europe, and will also transmit HDTV channels. SIRIUS 4 will also carry an African beam which will be marketed by SES ASTRA.
News categories: SES SIRIUS, ILS, Lockheed Martin, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India