Digital TV News: SISVEL
Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
May 27, 2020 – Sisvel has announced that Mitsubishi Electric has entered into a patent license agreement for both Sisvel’s VP9 and AV1 Licensing Programs. Sisvel has also granted a license to Tremmen Tecnologica for both of thep rograms.
News categories: Sisvel, Mitsubishi Electric, Tremmen Tecnologica, Mattia Fogliacco, Davide Ferri, Yoshimichi Shishido, Javier Galiana, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel becomes DVB-S2 patent pool administrator
Apr 30, 2020 – The family of DVB programs administered by Sisvel keeps growing, thanks to the addition of the DVB-S2 patent pool. The program previously managed by S2 Licensing, is now part of Sisvel's license offerings related to video.
News categories: Sisvel, Davide Ferri, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sisvel to provide patent pool for DVB-SIS
Apr 23, 2019 – DVB has announced that the companies that took part in its process to create a licensing program for patents essential to DVB-SIS have chosen Sisvel to manage the formation of the patent pool.
News categories: DVB Project, Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBC2022, Licensing, Patent
Antik Technology Develops Set-top Box for Sisvel 3D Tile Format
Sep 27, 2011 – Sisvel Technology has announced a technical partnership with Antik Technology for the development of hardware supporting Sisvel's 3D Tile Format. The first of Antik's 3D Tile Format-enabled devices will be shown at Electronic Asia.
News categories: Sisvel, Antik, Digital TV, Metaverse, Set Top Box
Sisvel Technology to Present 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World
Aug 16, 2011 – Giovanni Ballocca, digital television project manager at Sisvel Technology, will deliver a technical presentation of the company's 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World on the morning of September 11, 2011.
News categories: Sisvel, IBC2022, Metaverse
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes