Digital TV News: SISVEL
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sisvel to provide patent pool for DVB-SIS
Apr 23, 2019 – DVB has announced that the companies that took part in its process to create a licensing program for patents essential to DVB-SIS have chosen Sisvel to manage the formation of the patent pool.
News categories: DVB Project, Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent
Antik Technology Develops Set-top Box for Sisvel 3D Tile Format
Sep 27, 2011 – Sisvel Technology has announced a technical partnership with Antik Technology for the development of hardware supporting Sisvel's 3D Tile Format. The first of Antik's 3D Tile Format-enabled devices will be shown at Electronic Asia.
News categories: Sisvel, Antik, Digital TV, Set Top Box, VR
Sisvel Technology to Present 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World
Aug 16, 2011 – Giovanni Ballocca, digital television project manager at Sisvel Technology, will deliver a technical presentation of the company's 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World on the morning of September 11, 2011.
News categories: Sisvel, IBC2019, VR
Sisvel Technology and Utah Scientific to Demonstrate 2D-Compatible 3D Transmission at NAB
Apr 11, 2011 – At the 2011 NAB Show, Sisvel Technology (booth N4618) and Utah Scientific (booth N4511) will be demonstrating a new form of 3D broadcasting fully compatible with 2D television displays, allowing 3D and 2D viewing from a single broadcast stream.
News categories: Sisvel, Utah Scientific, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR
Piedmont, Italy, the World's First Region to Broadcast Backward Compatible 3D TV
Dec 1, 2010 – In Turin a news conference was held announcing the implementation, from Piedmont, of the first 3D HDTV broadcasts, free-to-air, with a system for backwards compatibility with 2D TV sets.
News categories: Sisvel, Quartarete TV, CSP Innovazione nelle ICT, Digital TV, Italy, VR
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software