Digital TV News: Seven West Media
Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
Dec 1, 2022 – Imagine Communications has announced that Seven Network has selected its Landmark Sales ad management platform and GamePlan dynamic ad placement engine and yield optimizer for linear TV.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Seven West Media, Joe Khodeir, Kurt Burnette, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV
IAB Australia appoints Ipsos as digital audience data supplier
Aug 31, 2021 – IAB Australia has appointed Ipsos as the industry's supplier for the planning, buying, and reporting of digital audience measurement data in Australia. The appointment is for a three-year term commencing in Q2 2022 with the launch of Ipsos iris.
News categories: Ipsos, IAB Australia, MFA, OzTAM, Simon Wake, Gai Le Roy, Natalie Stanbury, Sophie Madden, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
RTL to acquire Yospace
Jan 8, 2019 – RTL Group has announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire control of the UK-based video technology company Yospace. Yospace develops technologies for Server-Side Dynamic Ad Insertion (SSDAI).
News categories: RTL Group, Yospace, Bert Habets, Tim Sewell, David Springall, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, UK, Worldwide
Brightcove powers Seven West Media’s 7plus OTT service
Apr 2, 2018 – Brightcove has announced that it is powering Seven West Media’s (SWM) new OTT streaming service, 7plus. 7plus plays host to a content library spanning SWM’s broadcast programming, as well as a additional VOD content.
News categories: Brightcove, Seven West Media, Mark Stanton, Clive Dickens, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Yospace and Seven agree dynamic ad insertion deal for live OTT channels
Feb 8, 2018 – Yospace and Seven have made a long-term agreement for enabling Dynamic Ad Insertion into live OTT channels. Yospace’s platform allows Seven to open up online ad breaks in live OTT streams in a way that is as seamless to the viewer.
News categories: Yospace, Seven, David Springall, Clive Dickens, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Foxtel to revamp Foxtel Play and close Presto TV
Oct 4, 2016 – Foxtel has announced a new look Foxtel Play streaming service, which will roll out from December 2016. Presto customers will be asked to move to Foxtel Play and the Presto service will cease on 31 January 2017.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Streaming
Freeview Australia kicks off program of innovation
Mar 6, 2016 – Freeview Australia has announced that it will be launching a new program of innovation and products including a new FreeviewPlus mobile application for access to all of the free-to-air networks’ live streaming and catch up content.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Clive Dickens, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
More than 400,000 Netflix subscription households in Australia
Jun 23, 2015 – Within two months of its local launch, over a million Australians across 400,000 households had signed up to Netflix, the latest Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD) data from Roy Morgan Research shows. The number of subscribers is more than 3 times the combined total of its rivals.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Telstra cements re-seller agreement with Presto
Mar 3, 2015 – Telstra has announced that it has cemented an agreement to re-sell Presto’s subscription video on demand service to its customers. The agreement means Telstra can market the Presto TV, Presto Movies and Presto Entertainment bundle subscription across a range of their product offerings.
News categories: Presto, Telstra, Shaun James, Eric Kearley, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution