Digital TV News: Sisvel
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sisvel to provide patent pool for DVB-SIS
Apr 23, 2019 – DVB has announced that the companies that took part in its process to create a licensing program for patents essential to DVB-SIS have chosen Sisvel to manage the formation of the patent pool.
News categories: DVB Project, Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent
Antik Technology Develops Set-top Box for Sisvel 3D Tile Format
Sep 27, 2011 – Sisvel Technology has announced a technical partnership with Antik Technology for the development of hardware supporting Sisvel's 3D Tile Format. The first of Antik's 3D Tile Format-enabled devices will be shown at Electronic Asia.
News categories: Sisvel, Antik, Digital TV, Set Top Box, VR
Sisvel Technology to Present 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World
Aug 16, 2011 – Giovanni Ballocca, digital television project manager at Sisvel Technology, will deliver a technical presentation of the company's 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World on the morning of September 11, 2011.
News categories: Sisvel, IBC2019, VR
Sisvel Technology and Utah Scientific to Demonstrate 2D-Compatible 3D Transmission at NAB
Apr 11, 2011 – At the 2011 NAB Show, Sisvel Technology (booth N4618) and Utah Scientific (booth N4511) will be demonstrating a new form of 3D broadcasting fully compatible with 2D television displays, allowing 3D and 2D viewing from a single broadcast stream.
News categories: Sisvel, Utah Scientific, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR
Piedmont, Italy, the World's First Region to Broadcast Backward Compatible 3D TV
Dec 1, 2010 – In Turin a news conference was held announcing the implementation, from Piedmont, of the first 3D HDTV broadcasts, free-to-air, with a system for backwards compatibility with 2D TV sets.
News categories: Sisvel, Quartarete TV, CSP Innovazione nelle ICT, Digital TV, Italy, VR
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation