Digital TV News: Sky
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
Oct 15, 2021 – Skyline Communications has announced an expansion of its DataMiner platform at Tata Sky. DataMiner continues to fully manage Tata Sky's DTH operations, but now across a wider range of data sources.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Tata Sky, Pramod Gupta, Digital TV, India, QoE, Satellite
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
Oct 13, 2021 – t4h. (Tech4home) has launched its PALI Android TV remote control (RCU) at SKY Brasil. The PALI remote control will be one of the first Android TV RCUs to enter Brazil's pay TV market.
News categories: Tech4home, SKY Brasil, Graça Candido, Andre Ribeiro, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
Oct 8, 2021 – The Foxtel Group has confirmed that it will be the first global syndication partner for Sky Glass, the streaming aggregation product launched by Sky. Sky Glass is expected to be available in Australia in late 2023.
News categories: Foxtel, Sky, Patrick Delany, Dana Strong, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Sky introduces Sky Glass streaming TV
Oct 7, 2021 – Sky has announced the launch of its Sky Glass streaming television. Sky Glass will be the only TV with Sky inside. With Sky Glass, subscribers can now get Sky TV over WiFi, with no satellite dish and no box.
News categories: Sky, Dana Strong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Roku releases UK consumer TV viewing report
Oct 6, 2021 – Roku has revealed the results of its study of UK consumer TV viewing. Nine in 10 survey respondents said they are TV streamers with only seven in 10 saying they use use traditional pay-TV services.
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
NewSpace India planning GSAT-24 Ku-band satellite launch
Oct 1, 2021 – NSIL has announced a plan to launch GSAT-24, a Ku-band satellite, in the first quarter of 2022. The satellite, built by ISRO and to be launched by Arianespace, will be leased to Tata Sky for its DTH service.
News categories: NSIL, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product