Digital TV News: Sky
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Skytel extends partnership with Mirada and EZDRM for its GO+ service
May 17, 2023 – After the successful implementation by Mirada and EZDRM of its OTT GO+ app in Mongolia, Skytel is working with the two companies to extend the GO+ service to more connected devices.
News categories: EZDRM, Mirada, Skytel, Olga Kornienko, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
Omdia reveals market is favoring China panel makers
May 16, 2023 – Competition from China’s top tier TV makers is on the rise with TCL and Hisense accounting for 24% of TV panel purchases in 1Q23, up from 22% in 2022, and higher than the historical average of 19%.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Comcast cable video subscribers down 614,000 in 1Q 2023
Apr 27, 2023 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. In the quarter, Cable video customer net losses were 614,000. Peacock paid subscribers in the U.S. finished at 22 million, up 60% YoY.
News categories: Comcast, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Over 20 FAST channels from Xumo Play, NBC and Sky added to Xfinity Stream
Apr 25, 2023 – Xfinity is giving all its customers more entertainment to enjoy in the Xfinity Stream app with the addition of 20+ free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) channels from Xumo Play, NBC and Sky.
News categories: Comcast, Vito Forlenza, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Harmonic powers ATSC 3.0 across the U.S.
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its XOS software is powering NEXTGEN TV services across the U.S., enabling the delivery of ATSC 3.0 channels with bandwidth efficiency and enhanced video quality.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, BitPath, Heartland Video Systems, Gil Rudge, Anne Schelle, John Hane, Dennis Klas, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Sky New Zealand launches Sky Box created with Wyplay
Apr 13, 2023 – Sky NZ has launched a new Sky Box developed with Wyplay. Its features include 4K video support, a personalized user experience, streaming app integration, multi-recording, voice remote, and more.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky New Zealand, Jacques Bourgninaud, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
AMD launches ASIC-based media accelerator card
Apr 6, 2023 – AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) has announced its AMD Alveo MA35D media accelerator featuring two ASIC-based video processing units and built to power live interactive streaming services at scale.
News categories: AMD, Dan Gibbons, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, Streaming, Worldwide
Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
Mar 29, 2023 – Net Insight and Skyline have announced a solution for live video that simplifies the planning of work orders, automates link provisioning, and secures media transport, both on-premises and in the cloud.
News categories: Net Insight, Skyline, Christer Bohm, Steven Soenens, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.