Digital TV News: Sky
DVB Project elects new Steering Board
Nov 13, 2023 – The General Assembly of the DVB Project has elected a new Steering Board to serve for the coming two years. It includes representatives of 43 companies across DVB's four member constituencies.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Xperi signs fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Nov 13, 2023 – In its 3rd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced that it has signed a fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and that Vestel is now shipping TiVo-powered Smart TVs under the JVC brand.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital to show RDK TV for operators at CES 2024
Oct 18, 2023 – After its launch at IBC 2023, Skyworth Digital is to show its Operator Tier RDK TV at CES 2024. The TV comes with a Lightning Launcher, Amazon Alexa and the AndApps app store from Consult Red.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Consult Red, CES2024, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Foxtel announces Hubbl plugin device and Hubbl Glass TV
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel has announced Hubbl, bringing together paid and free streaming entertainment via a plug-in device or a Hubbl Glass TV, all based on an entertainment OS backed by Comcast and Sky.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
Comcast cable video subscribers down 490,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 26, 2023 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2023. Domestic video customer net losses were 490,000. Peacock paid grew to 28 million, up 4 million in the quarter.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Mediacom to bring Xumo Stream Box to its broadband customers
Oct 19, 2023 – Xumo has announced Mediacom Communications will begin offering the Xumo Stream Box to its Xtream Internet customers in the coming months, the third U.S.-based operator to do so.
News categories: Xumo, Mediacom, Michael Gatzke, Tapan Dandnaik, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Swisscom: new TV-Box, Disney+ partnership and streaming package
Oct 17, 2023 – Swisscom will launch its new TV-Box 5 on 24 October 2023. The box is powered by Android TV. From November, the Disney+ streaming service will also be available to blue TV customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Xumo rolls out streaming box to Charter and Comcast households
Oct 4, 2023 – Xumo has launched its Xumo Stream Box to Spectrum households, with plans to bring it to Xfinity homes soon. Xumo Stream Box is powered by Comcast's Entertainment OS.
News categories: Xumo, Charter, Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Rich DiGeronimo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
Sep 26, 2023 – Mirada has signed a contract with MNC to develop the next stage of Vision+'s streaming service for Indonesia, based on Mirada's Iris OTT platform.
News categories: Mirada, Vision+, MNC, José-Luis Vázquez, Clarissa Tanoesoedibjo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming, UX
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification