Digital TV News: Sumitomo
NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
Jan 21, 2020 – NürnbergMesse is expanding its international portfolio by acquiring the Indian exhibition SCaT India Tradeshow, which has been taking place in Mumbai every year since 1993. The 17 events organised by NürnbergMesse India already include the Broadcast India Show.
News categories: NürnbergMesse, Peter Ottmann, Digital TV, India
Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
Oct 17, 2019 – SiTune has announced that its ISDB-S3 silicon tuner has contributed to the market success of Sumitomo's Cable STB for 4K/8K satellite broadcasting. The STB has been available since March and has been distributed to several CATV operators.
News categories: SiTune, Sumitomo, Marzieh Veyseh, Hiroaki Nishimoto, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Ultra HD and HEVC set-top box shipments to explode
Nov 11, 2014 – Worldwide Ultra HD capable set-top box shipments will reach 48 million by 2020, while the market for HEVC set-top boxes will rise even further to 88 million units, according to ABI Research. Early prototypes have been based primarily on Broadcom or ViXS decoders.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ViXS reports fourth quarter and fiscal 2014 results
Apr 15, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported its fourth quarter results for the period ended January 31st, 2014. ViXS reported Q4FY14 revenue of $7.0 million and a total comprehensive loss of $7.5 million.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sumitomo STBs for NTT Plala UltraHD 4K HEVC VOD trial
Apr 8, 2014 – Sumitomo Electric (TOKYO:5802) has announced that it has been selected by NTT Plala to provide Ultra High Definition '4K' 'p60' set top boxes for the carrier’s 4K video streaming trial service of 'Hikari-TV'.
News categories: Sumitomo, NTT Plala, ViXS Systems, Katsumi Nagata, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics Reports 2013 First Quarter Financial Results
Apr 22, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the first quarter ending March 30, 2013. First quarter net revenues totaled $2.01 billion. Net loss attributable to ST was $171 million, mainly due to the 50% share in ST-Ericsson operating loss and restructuring costs.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics powers Smart IPTV Set-Top Boxes from NTT Plala
Apr 22, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has revealed that its Orly system-on-chip (SoC) is powering a new generation of advanced set-top boxes announced from NTT Plala, an Internet / IPTV service provider in Japan. The STB was developed by Sumitomo Electric Networks.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, NTT Plala, Sumitomo, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing