Digital TV News: Sun Microsystems
AltoBeam Closed Series C Funding with USVP and Long-Term Investors
Dec 12, 2010 – AltoBeam has announced that it has successfully closed a 6 million US dollars round of Series C funding, led by US Venture Partners (USVP).
News categories: AltoBeam, US Venture Partners, MnA, Semiconductor
CableLabs® Providing Software Resources to Grow Tru2way® and ETV Ecosystem and Streamline Interoperability Testing
Sep 22, 2009 – CableLabs® has put several programs in place to support device manufacturers and application developers, important stakeholders within the growing tru2way® and Enhanced TV (ETV) communities.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Amino Selects Sun's JavaFX TV to enable IPTV Applications
Sep 8, 2009 – Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) has announced that Amino Communications (LSE: AMO) plans to offer the JavaFX™ TV platform in their next generation IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) to help enable the creation of rich and expressive interactive content.
News categories: Sun Micro, Amino, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
enableTV Offers Support Program for CableLabs® tru2way™ Reference Implementation
Jun 25, 2009 – enableTV has announced the launch of its tru2way Reference Implementation Support Program for licensees of CableLabs tru2way Reference Implementation (RI) - the sole source of full technical support for CableLabs open source tru2way middleware.
News categories: enableTV, Cable TV, Middleware
CableLabs® Releases Software Tools to Enable More Interactive Content
Jun 15, 2009 – CableLabs® has completed its beta development phase of the tru2way™ Reference Implementation and has made it publicly available through java.net, Sun Microsystems' open source project site.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
On2 Technologies Unveils New Advanced Video Compression Format
Sep 13, 2008 – On2 (Amex: ONT) has announced the launch of its latest video compression format, On2 VP8. This eighth generation of On2 video is the perfect solution for delivering higher quality video using less data and requiring less system resource for playback.
News categories: On2, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
Verimatrix Content Security Chosen for Win Multimedia's WinTV
Jun 17, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced that Win Multimedia, Thailand's leading IPTV Operator and Multimedia Service Provider company, has selected Verimatrix to protect its Digital Television Channels and video-on-demand service of WinTV.
News categories: Verimatrix, Win Multimedia, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
DigiSoft announces General Availability of a Java Platform Micro Edition Client Solution for IPTV
Apr 11, 2008 – DigiSoft.tv has announced the signature of a global Binary Value Added Partner agreement with Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) for the distribution of a Java Platform Micro Edition (Java ME) based software stack for IPTV Set Top Boxes (STB's).
News categories: DigiSoft.tv, Sun Microsystems, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
The Open IPTV Forum, now consisting of 26 members, publishes its end-to-end Architecture specification
Mar 7, 2008 – The first version of the Service and Platform Requirements document, for both Managed and Open Internet models was released in the autumn of 2007. This document was followed recently by the first Architecture specification.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica