Digital TV News: Sun Microsystems
AltoBeam Closed Series C Funding with USVP and Long-Term Investors
Dec 12, 2010 – AltoBeam has announced that it has successfully closed a 6 million US dollars round of Series C funding, led by US Venture Partners (USVP).
News categories: AltoBeam, US Venture Partners, MandA, Semiconductor
CableLabs® Providing Software Resources to Grow Tru2way® and ETV Ecosystem and Streamline Interoperability Testing
Sep 22, 2009 – CableLabs® has put several programs in place to support device manufacturers and application developers, important stakeholders within the growing tru2way® and Enhanced TV (ETV) communities.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Amino Selects Sun's JavaFX TV to enable IPTV Applications
Sep 8, 2009 – Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) has announced that Amino Communications (LSE: AMO) plans to offer the JavaFX™ TV platform in their next generation IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) to help enable the creation of rich and expressive interactive content.
News categories: Sun Micro, Amino, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
enableTV Offers Support Program for CableLabs® tru2way™ Reference Implementation
Jun 25, 2009 – enableTV has announced the launch of its tru2way Reference Implementation Support Program for licensees of CableLabs tru2way Reference Implementation (RI) - the sole source of full technical support for CableLabs open source tru2way middleware.
News categories: enableTV, Cable TV, Middleware
CableLabs® Releases Software Tools to Enable More Interactive Content
Jun 15, 2009 – CableLabs® has completed its beta development phase of the tru2way™ Reference Implementation and has made it publicly available through java.net, Sun Microsystems' open source project site.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
On2 Technologies Unveils New Advanced Video Compression Format
Sep 13, 2008 – On2 (Amex: ONT) has announced the launch of its latest video compression format, On2 VP8. This eighth generation of On2 video is the perfect solution for delivering higher quality video using less data and requiring less system resource for playback.
News categories: On2, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Mobile, Silicon IP, Streaming
Verimatrix Content Security Chosen for Win Multimedia's WinTV
Jun 17, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced that Win Multimedia, Thailand's leading IPTV Operator and Multimedia Service Provider company, has selected Verimatrix to protect its Digital Television Channels and video-on-demand service of WinTV.
News categories: Verimatrix, Win Multimedia, BroadcastAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
DigiSoft announces General Availability of a Java Platform Micro Edition Client Solution for IPTV
Apr 11, 2008 – DigiSoft.tv has announced the signature of a global Binary Value Added Partner agreement with Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) for the distribution of a Java Platform Micro Edition (Java ME) based software stack for IPTV Set Top Boxes (STB's).
News categories: DigiSoft.tv, Sun Microsystems, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
The Open IPTV Forum, now consisting of 26 members, publishes its end-to-end Architecture specification
Mar 7, 2008 – The first version of the Service and Platform Requirements document, for both Managed and Open Internet models was released in the autumn of 2007. This document was followed recently by the first Architecture specification.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027