Digital TV News: TVING
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
Jun 16, 2022 – Paramount+ has marked its entry to Asia with the launch of its streaming service in South Korea on the number-one K-content platform, TVING. Existing TVING subscribers can now stream Paramount+ content at no extra charge.
News categories: Paramount, TVING, Mark Specht, Jay Yang, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
ViacomCBS renames, and unveils international expansion plan for Paramount+
Feb 15, 2022 – ViacomCBS has announced that it will become Paramount Global effective February 16. The company will continue the global expansion of Paramount+ in 2022, with Paramount+ making its debut in France as a bundle through the CANAL+ Group.
News categories: Paramount, Shari Redstone, Bob Bakish, Tanya Giles, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
ViacomCBS and CJ ENM announce global partnership
Dec 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and CJ ENM have made a deal to bring entertainment to audiences worldwide that includes co-production of original series and films, content licensing, and distribution across ViacomCBS' and CJ ENM's streaming services.
News categories: ViacomCBS, CJ ENM, Dan Cohen, Kang Ho-Sung, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
Asia Pacific online video to reach $55 billion by 2025
Jan 11, 2021 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has reported that the Asia Pacific online video industry grew revenue by 14% Y/Y in 2020 to reach US$30.5 billion. SVOD overtook AVOD to contribute 53% of total revenues; AVOD contributed 47%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
Jun 14, 2013 – Russian regional fixed operator Tvingo Telecom has announced that it now has 30,000 subscribers to its IPTV service, which launched in 2009.
News categories: Tvingo, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
CJ HelloVision Delivers 'Content Everywhere' with Samsung Smart TV
Jul 25, 2011 – CJ HelloVision, Korea's largest cable provider, has announced that it will provide its 'tving' application for Samsung (KRX: 005930, 005935; LSE: SMSN, SMSD) Smart TVs. The 'tving' smart TV service will start at the end of August.
News categories: CJ HelloVision, Samsung, Korea, Smart TV, Streaming
Tvingo Telecom to launch IPTV with Netris
Sep 7, 2009 – Netris and Tvingo Telecom have announced that they have launched IPTV based on Nteris' IPSoft iVision IPTV Middleware. Netris is providing support and development of Tvingo Digital in Vladikavkaz, in the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, Russia.
News categories: Netris, Tvingo Telecom, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Russia
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia