Digital TV News: TalkTalk
YouView reveals next generation user experience
Nov 23, 2016 – YouView has announced the re-engineering and redesigning of its entire platform to respond quickly to the fast-changing needs and tastes of TV viewers, advertisers and partners. The transformation is enabled by YouView’s move to the cloud.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Nick Thexton, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Ofcom publishes UK Communications Market report 2016
Aug 4, 2016 – The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, has published its annual Communications Market report for 2016. More than half of UK adults (59%) used a video-on-demand (VoD) service during 2015 – up from 57% in 2014.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
Multiplay bundle subscriptions drive UK revenue growth
Jul 26, 2016 – From 2015 to 2020, UK Quad Play revenues will triple, while total multiplay market revenues grow by 34 percent. Double Play subscriptions will peak in 2016 and begin to decline as customers move to Triple and Quad-Play bundles.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jason Blackwell, Josie Sephton, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
BT doubles UK pay TV market share
Jul 14, 2016 – Research from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech has revealed strong gains for the major players in UK pay TV amid further turmoil for TalkTalk. BT, Sky and Virgin Media have all seen year-on-year customer growth, with BT’s share up by 7.8 percentage points on last year.
News categories: Kantar Worldpanel, Fiona Keenan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, UK
TalkTalk introduces TalkTalk TV Store
Apr 26, 2016 – TalkTalk has unveiled the TalkTalk TV Store, a pay-as-you-go service offering the latest movies and hit TV shows at Britain’s lowest price. The service is an update of the blinkbox platform that it acquired in 2015.
News categories: TalkTalk, Aleks Habdank, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Sky to overtake Liberty Global in Western Europe
Sep 9, 2015 – Liberty Global has been the largest pay TV operator in Europe for some time. However, its top slot in Western Europe is under threat, with Sky Europe expected to overtake its subscriber count in 2017, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
UK's TalkTalk adds 115,000 TV customers in 4Q 2014
Feb 3, 2015 – TalkTalk Telecom Group has released its Q3 FY15 trading update for the 9 months to 31st December 2014. The company added 115,000 net new TV customers taking its total base of TV customers to 1.3 million.
News categories: TalkTalk, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Netflix launches on TalkTalk TV in the UK
Jan 12, 2015 – TalkTalk in the UK has announced that it has added Netflix to its TalkTalk TV broadband television service. YouView from TalkTalk homes that pre-registered will be amongst the first to receive it on their set top box.
News categories: TalkTalk, Netflix, Tristia Harrison, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UK
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5