Digital TV News: Tatung
ATSC 3.0 compliant receiver system to debut at NAB Show
Apr 6, 2018 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have collaborated to create one of the first ATSC 3.0 receiver systems to support the entire protocol stack as defined by the new digital television compliancy standards.
News categories: Coherent Logix, BitRouter, Michael Doerr, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Tatung Technology joins DTVKit to further expand DVB product range
Sep 3, 2014 – DTVKit, the not-for-profit organisation, providing the core building blocks of a broadcast DVB stack royalty free, has announced that Tatung Technology Inc. (TTI) have joined DTVKit as a product member.
News categories: DTVKit, Tatung, Amy Cleary, Luke Dang, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2011 Results
Aug 25, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2010. Net revenue for the second quarter was $73.3 million, up $22.0 million from $51.3 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Unveils Low-Cost Microsoft Mediaroom Set Top Box Platform
Jul 21, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced availability of the first low-cost Microsoft Mediaroom™ compatible set top box platform based on Sigma's SMP8652 media processor SoC (system-on-chip).
News categories: Sigma Designs, Tatung, Microsoft, Ken Lowe, Luke Dang, Steve Koepp, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GE Launches Global HDTV Joint Venture
Sep 23, 2008 – GE (NYSE:GE) has announced the formation of General Displays & Technologies (GDT), a joint venture with Tatung (Taipei:2371). GDT will design, market and service GE-branded HDTVs to deliver the best home HD video, audio and Internet experience.
News categories: Tatung, General Electric, NBC Universal, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Intel Introduces First IA System on Chip for Consumer Electronics, Expands Internet to TV Experience
Aug 20, 2008 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) introduced the Intel® Media Processor CE 3100, the first in a new family of purpose-built System on Chips (SoCs) for Consumer Electronics devices based on the company's Intel architecture (IA).
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
IPTV middleware spending spree expected
Jun 24, 2008 – Communications market research firm Infonetics Research has reported that the combined Internet protocol television (IPTV) and switched digital video (SDV) equipment market increased 12% sequentially to $1.3 billion worldwide in 1Q08.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Tatung and Qpixel Offer New H.264 Reference Platforms for Transcoding and Place-shifting on STBs, and Content Re-formatting for Viewing on Portable Media Devices
Jun 2, 2008 – Qpixel Technology and Tatung have announced their joint efforts to bring value-add capabilities to standard STB (set top box) designs using Qpixel's high quality and low power H.264 compression technology.
News categories: Qpixel, Tatung, PeerTV, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Introduces Next Generation IPTV Media Processor
Apr 14, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it has begun sampling its new SMP8654 media processor SoC, designed for the next generation of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, DVR, ICs, IPTV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media