Digital TV News: Televisa
OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
Nov 17, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that Omnicom Media Group (OMG) will be the first agency partner to leverage its Hispanic household data graph for its brands to expand reach and resonance with the U.S. Hispanic population.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Omnicom Media Group, Dan Aversano, Kelly Metz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TelevisaUnivision selects Nielsen for cross-platform measurement
Oct 25, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has signed an agreement to use Nielsen ONE, Nielsen's cross-platform measurement solution. TelevisaUnivision will use Nielsen ONE along with Nielsen Marketing Cloud and Gracenote Advanced Discovery.
News categories: Nielsen, TelevisaUnivision, David Kenny, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
Jun 30, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX+ will debut on July 21, in the U.S., Mexico, and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX+ is the premium tier of ViX, a streaming service created specifically for the Spanish-speaking world.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Streaming, USA
TelevisaUnivision and VideoAmp partner on audience measurement
Jun 21, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision and VideoAmp have announced a partnership in which TelevisaUnivision will use VideoAmp’s data to power its advanced advertising solutions. TelevisaUnivision will connect VideoAmp's data to its Hispanic household graph.
News categories: VideoAmp, TelevisaUnivision, Michael Parkes, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TelevisaUnivision's ViX launches in the U.S. and Latin America
Mar 31, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX is now available in the U.S., Mexico and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX is a two-tier service with the free AVOD product launched today and an SVOD option, ViX+, coming in 2H 2022.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, ViX, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Rafael Urbina, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
Verizon trials +play entertainment hub
Mar 3, 2022 – Verizon customers will have exclusive access to +play, a platform that allows users to discover, purchase and manage some of their favorite subscriptions across entertainment, audio, gaming, fitness, music, lifestyle and more – all in one place.
News categories: Verizon, Manon Brouillette, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
AMC, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia go with Canoe for addressable TV advertising
Feb 23, 2022 – AMC Networks, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision and WarnerMedia have each teamed up with Canoe Ventures for addressable TV advertising. Canoe will provide enablement and campaign assurance across its national addressable TV advertising footprint.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, AMC Networks, Discovery, Inc, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia, Joel Hassell, Evan Adlman, Steve Silvestri, Seema Patel, JP Colaco, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media