Digital TV News: TelevisaUnivision
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
LTN powers live soccer streaming at scale for TelevisaUnivision
Apr 11, 2023 – TelevisaUnivision is using LTN's fully managed production service to deliver live sports events for its streaming service, ViX, available across the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: LTN, TelevisaUnivision, Malik Khan, Olek Loewenstein, Digital TV, Latin America, NABShow, Streaming, USA
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Brightcove launches ad monetization service for media companies
Mar 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has launched Brightcove Ad Monetization, enabling media companies to better monetize their live and VOD content with improved yield optimization.
News categories: Brightcove, Marc DeBevoise, David Beck, Michael Dorf, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
U.S. programmers cooperate on measurement and viewership data through OpenAP
Jan 9, 2023 – OpenAP, with Fox, NBCUniversal, Paramount, TelevisaUnivision, and Warner Bros. Discovery and the VAB, are working together to develop a measurement certification process and a unified streaming viewership dataset.
News categories: OpenAP, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
Nov 17, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that Omnicom Media Group (OMG) will be the first agency partner to leverage its Hispanic household data graph for its brands to expand reach and resonance with the U.S. Hispanic population.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Omnicom Media Group, Dan Aversano, Kelly Metz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TelevisaUnivision selects Nielsen for cross-platform measurement
Oct 25, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has signed an agreement to use Nielsen ONE, Nielsen's cross-platform measurement solution. TelevisaUnivision will use Nielsen ONE along with Nielsen Marketing Cloud and Gracenote Advanced Discovery.
News categories: Nielsen, TelevisaUnivision, David Kenny, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
Jun 30, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX+ will debut on July 21, in the U.S., Mexico, and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX+ is the premium tier of ViX, a streaming service created specifically for the Spanish-speaking world.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Streaming, USA
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform