Digital TV News: Telia Co
EU opens competition investigation into Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting
May 10, 2019 – The European Commission has opened an investigation to assess the proposed acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting by Telia Company. The Commission is concerned that the merged entity may shut out competitors from the audio-visual sector in Finland and Sweden.
News categories: European Commission, Telia Company, Bonnier Broadcasting, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Regulation, Sweden
Telia acquires TDC’s Norwegian business
Jul 17, 2018 – Telia Company has acquired GET and TDC Norway at an enterprise value of NOK 21 billion on a cash and debt free basis. Telia will combine its mobile network with GET’s TV and fixed services to create a challenger on the Norwegian market.
News categories: Telia, Johan Dennelind, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Norway
Telia Company confirms discussions with Bonnier
May 25, 2018 – Telia Company has noted speculation in the media regarding a potential acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting. Telia Company has at this stage no further comment but will communicate further if and when appropriate.
News categories: Telia Co, Bonnier, Digital TV, MandA, Sweden
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden
Telia announces regional partnership with Netflix
Oct 18, 2016 – Telia has announced a partnership with Netflix. Telia’s customers in Sweden and Finland will be the first to get access to Netflix with Telia’s new generation media box, launching on October 18. The partnership will rollout to more countries through 2017.
News categories: Telia, Netflix, Johanna Berlinde, Apps, Baltics, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden
Chromecast supports Telia streaming services
Aug 29, 2016 – Telia customers can now enjoy an even simpler and more flexible streaming experience as the TV streaming services in Sweden, Finland and Denmark will work with Google Chromecast. Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google.
News categories: Telia, Johanna Berlinde, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community