Digital TV News: Telia Company
EU opens competition investigation into Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting
May 10, 2019 – The European Commission has opened an investigation to assess the proposed acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting by Telia Company. The Commission is concerned that the merged entity may shut out competitors from the audio-visual sector in Finland and Sweden.
News categories: European Commission, Telia Company, Bonnier Broadcasting, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Regulation, Sweden
Telia acquires TDC’s Norwegian business
Jul 17, 2018 – Telia Company has acquired GET and TDC Norway at an enterprise value of NOK 21 billion on a cash and debt free basis. Telia will combine its mobile network with GET’s TV and fixed services to create a challenger on the Norwegian market.
News categories: Telia, Johan Dennelind, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Norway
Telia Company confirms discussions with Bonnier
May 25, 2018 – Telia Company has noted speculation in the media regarding a potential acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting. Telia Company has at this stage no further comment but will communicate further if and when appropriate.
News categories: Telia Co, Bonnier, Digital TV, MandA, Sweden
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Telia announces regional partnership with Netflix
Oct 18, 2016 – Telia has announced a partnership with Netflix. Telia’s customers in Sweden and Finland will be the first to get access to Netflix with Telia’s new generation media box, launching on October 18. The partnership will rollout to more countries through 2017.
News categories: Telia, Netflix, Johanna Berlinde, Apps, Baltics, Digital TV, Finland, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Chromecast supports Telia streaming services
Aug 29, 2016 – Telia customers can now enjoy an even simpler and more flexible streaming experience as the TV streaming services in Sweden, Finland and Denmark will work with Google Chromecast. Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google.
News categories: Telia, Johanna Berlinde, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product