Digital TV News: Tet
Connected cars on the road to grow 18% in 2023
Jul 25, 2023 – Omdia research reveals that over 900 million connected cars will be on the road at the start of the next decade, eclipsing the installed base of consumer devices such as pay-TV STBs and tablets.
News categories: Omdia, David Tett, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Yospace and Capella partner on advertising for live sports
Apr 6, 2023 – Yospace has partnered with Capella Systems to offer an all-in-one solution that manages live encoding and server-side ad insertion and is designed to handle the needs of ad-driven live sporting events.
News categories: Yospace, Capella, Tim Sewell, Ikuyo Yamada, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
Mar 21, 2023 – IDC has lowered its forecast for AR/VR headset shipments in 2023. Despite the revision, total shipments are expected to grow 14% in 2023 and accelerate over the 2023-2027 period with a five-year CAGR of 32.6%.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
AR/VR device market slows due to economic woes
Dec 16, 2022 – CCS Insight expects global unit sales in the augmented and virtual reality device segment to remain just short of 10 million in 2022, growing to 11.4 million in 2023.
News categories: CCS Insight, Marina Koytcheva, Leo Gebbie, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
Nov 25, 2022 – According to IDC, consumer standalone VR shipments in China increased by 166.2% year-over-year in the H1 2022. China standalone VR in Q1 2022 reached 229,000 units shipped, while Q2 2022 had almost 273,000 units shipped.
News categories: IDC, Claire Zhao, China, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse
VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV
Nov 16, 2022 – VlogBox, a platform for content creators, has announced a partnership with Pzaz TV. VlogBox will provide CTV content for Pzaz TV designed to appeal to the service's key audience groups.
News categories: VlogBox, Pzaz TV, Tetyana Seredyuk, Vincent Weberink, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
500 million connected cars provide major new opportunity for media companies
Oct 11, 2022 – The connected car market is the latest battleground for media companies, as they prepare to fight for a piece of an addressable market that will be comparable in scale to that of pay TV set-top boxes by 2025, according to Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Daniel Sutton, 5G, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
Jun 20, 2022 – According to PwC, the global entertainment and media (E&M) industry surged ahead last year, strongly outpacing global economic growth. Following a pandemic-related 2.3% decline in 2020, E&M revenue rose a strong 10.4% in 2021.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
VlogBox certified to support Extreme Reach VAST tags
May 31, 2022 – VlogBox has announced that it is now certified by Extreme Reach (ER) to support ER VAST tags. The company and its publishers can now use the tags to connect to advertisers that use ER as their primary ad server.
News categories: VlogBox, Extreme Reach, Tetyana Seredyuk, Mary Vestewig, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024