Digital TV News: Total Play
Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
Jul 27, 2021 – Total Play Telecomunicaciones, S.A. de C.V., provider of triple play services in Mexico, has announced its Q2 2021 results. The company finished the quarter with 1,933,880 video RGUs, up 48% compared to one year earlier.
News categories: Total Play, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
Mar 14, 2019 – The latest FTTH Market Panorama prepared by IDATE has been released. The number of FTTH and FTTB subscribers in Europe has increased by 15.7% in the EU39 since September 2017 with more than 59.6 million FTTH/B subscribers in September 2018.
News categories: FTTH Council, Ronan Kelly, Europe, Fibre, Subscribers, Worldwide
Conviva data shows triple-digit YoY growth in streaming TV consumption
Aug 2, 2018 – Conviva has released its Q2 report on the state of streaming TV across all screens and platforms. The report finds that, compared to the same time period in 2017, the global audience for streaming TV has more than doubled while crucial quality metrics have continued to improve.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Long-form video now the most popular content regardless of screen size
Jun 13, 2017 – Ooyala has released its Q1 2017 Global Video Index, revealing, for the first time, long-form content represents the majority of time spent watching video on every screen. The report also covers the continued growth of mobile, as well as emerging trends in online video advertising.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA, Worldwide
Mexico adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2015
Feb 8, 2016 – According to Mexico’s Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones, in the third quarter of 2015, pay TV subscriptions in the country were up 11.6% versus the the same point one year before. Mexico added 437 thousand pay TV subscribers in the third quarter, to reach a total of 17.4 million.
News categories: Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones, Cable TV, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers
Mexico adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2015
Nov 29, 2015 – According to Mexico’s Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones, in the second quarter of 2015, pay TV subscriptions in the country were up 10.0% versus the the same point one year before. Mexico added 437 thousand pay TV subscribers to end the quarter with a subscriber total of 16.98 million.
News categories: Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021