Digital TV News: TotalPlay
Totalplay to deploy MediaKind's Encoding Live video processing
Sep 13, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that Totalplay will deploy its Encoding Live video processing solution to support a smooth migration to the cloud and enable the delivery of its IPTV pay-TV content in Mexico.
News categories: MediaKind, Totalplay, Clayton Cruz, Julio Trejo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Mexico
ZTE to deliver STBs to TotalPlay based on Netgem middleware
May 3, 2017 – Netgem has announces the signature of a software agreement with ZTE for the delivery of complete TV solutions to Telecom operators in Latin America. The partnership starts in Mexico with TotalPlay.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, TotalPlay, Joseph Haddad, William Tan, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Totalplay selects ATEME virtual encoding for its converged headend
Apr 26, 2017 – ATEME has announced that Totalplay, triple play operator affiliate of Mexican multimedia conglomerate Grupo Salinas, has selected ATEME’s TITAN virtual encoding solution for its converged headend.
News categories: ATEME, Totalplay, Robert Oaxaca, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Totalplay selects Verimatrix security for next generation services
Sep 10, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Totalplay has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) platform to align with its network upgrade roadmap, which includes securing its On Demand service and supporting its IPTV and 4K/HEVC expansion plans.
News categories: Verimatrix, Totalplay, Steve Oetegenn, Victor Teuhtli Estrada, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mexico, Set Top Box
Mexico's Totalplay adds 4K and Netflix via an ultra HD PVR from Sagemcom
Sep 14, 2015 – Totalplay is the first carrier in Latin America to offer 4K TV to its customers, thanks to an ultra HD PVR designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The 4K PVR is built around a BCM7252S digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Totalplay, Broadcom, Olivier Taravel, Eduardo Kuri Romo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Mexico, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Mexico leads Latin America's VOD OTT market
Sep 7, 2015 – Dataxis has forecast that Mexico will reach 5 million VOD OTT subscribers by end 2015, largely surpassing Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Mexico has the most developed IP and TV everywhere multiscreen television platforms and the highest investment of the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Netflix released on the Netgem Platform
Jul 8, 2015 – Netgem has announced a major content upgrade to its Internet TV platform with the addition of Netflix. The new service is already available in Finland with Elisa TV, and Totalplay in Mexico, for an initial reach of over 400,000 subscribers.
News categories: Netgem, Netflix, Elisa, Totalplay, Joseph Haddad, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box
Totalplay Selects Envivio for Live IPTV and VOD Service
Feb 20, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that Totalplay Telecomunicaciones, a cable and IPTV service provider in Mexico, has deployed Envivio Muse™ encoders for its live and on-demand video services. Totalplay is a subsidiary of Grupo Salinas.
News categories: Envivio, Totalplay, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico
Sezmi Selects Netgem Technologies to Extend its Multi-Screen TV Platform
Jun 7, 2011 – Sezmi Corporation and Netgem have announced a partnership to include Netgem's set-top-box technology as part of Sezmi's TV offering. The first customer deployment resulting from this collaboration is Mexico's Grupo Iusacell.
News categories: Netgem, Sezmi, Iusacell, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Mobile, Set Top Box
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service