Digital TV News: Triveni Digital
Auton demonstrates ATSC 3.0 data distribution to vehicles
Jun 7, 2022 – Pearl TV, with Auton, has announced field test data that demonstrates how robust the transport layer and software applications of ATSC 3.0 are in non-real time data delivery of streaming video and secure broadband files to vehicles.
News categories: Pearl TV, Auton, Triveni Digital, Anne Schelle, Robert Foster, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Triveni Digital launches ATSC 3.0 StreamScope XM Monitor
Mar 29, 2022 – Triveni Digital has launched StreamScope® XM Monitor. The Monitor performs real-time monitoring of ATSC 3.0 streams and allows broadcasters to create rules-based notifications to pinpoint and troubleshoot NextGen TV service quality issues.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Television Jamaica goes live with Comark end-to-end ATSC 3.0 solution
Feb 15, 2022 – COMARK has announced that Television Jamaica (TVJ) is on the air with a fully integrated ATSC 3.0 solution from COMARK. COMARK delivered an air-cooled UHF transmitter system along with a transmit antenna for the initial OTA service in Kingston.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Television Jamaica, Joe Turbolski, Michael P. Henlin, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
Humber College opens ATSC 3.0 lab in Canada with Triveni Digital
Feb 8, 2022 – The Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning has established the first ATSC 3.0 living lab and test bed - the Broadband Convergence (B²C) Lab - in Canada using an end-to-end solution from Triveni Digital.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Humber College, Ralph Bachofen, Orest Sushko, 5G, ATSC 3, Canada, Digital TV, NABShow
Synamedia participating in Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative
Dec 21, 2021 – Synamedia has announced its participation in the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative bringing ATSC 3.0 to Washington, D.C. The Collaborative was established by Pearl TV in coordination with Howard University.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Elke Hungenaer, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fox selects Synamedia broadcast solution for Orlando ATSC 3.0 rollout
Aug 24, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Fox Television Stations will use its broadcast solution, featuring its virtual Digital Content Manager, to support the rollout of ATSC 3.0 in the Orlando, Florida market.
News categories: Synamedia, Fox, Julien Signès, Jeff Roberts, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Triveni Digital powers NextGen TV at first Hearst station
Jan 5, 2021 – Hearst Television is deploying a software-based ATSC 3.0 solution from Triveni Digital for WMOR-TV in Tampa, Florida. WMOR-TV is the first Hearst station in the multimedia company's transition to NextGen TV.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Hearst, Ralph Bachofen, Brian Darragh, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
NEXTGEN TV 'Motown 3.0 Test Track' launched in Detroit
Dec 10, 2020 – Five local TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV in Detroit. The broadcast advance signals the beginning of another project – the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' for merging automotive applications with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December