Digital TV News: Turner
HBO Max app now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on VIZIO SmartCast, giving SmartCast viewers in the U.S. access to the HBO Max app directly on their VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, WarnerMedia, Mike O’Donnell, Jennifer Mirgorod, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max and YouTube added to Spectrum Guide
Aug 30, 2021 – Spectrum has announced the launch of HBO Max and YouTube within Spectrum Guide on eligible devices across its service area, providing customers with access to the streaming services directly from the Spectrum TV platform.
News categories: Charter Communications, Elena Ritchie, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, UX
HBO Max app now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Aug 3, 2021 – LG Electronics USA and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max as part of the TV's webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max launches ad-supported tier
Jun 2, 2021 – HBO Max has launched an advertising-supported subscription tier. With the launch, HBO Max consumers can now choose between the existing ad-free subscription option at $14.99 per month, or one with ads for $9.99.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
May 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand has announced that its streaming service, Paramount+, will launch in Australia on August 11, 2021. Priced at $8.99 per month, subscribers will have access to more than 20,000 episodes and movies.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.8% in 2020
May 6, 2021 – Despite the impact of COVID-19 on the global economy, the semiconductor market performed strongly in 2020. Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew to $464 billion in 2020, an increase of 10.8% compared to 2019, according to ID).
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Nina Turner, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia