Digital TV News: United Group
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with United Media
May 30, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced a deal extension with United Media to continue to provide anti-piracy protection for its premium sports content. United Media is part of United Group which operates in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Simon Hanna, Duško Martić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MandA, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Streaming
Friend MTS chosen by United Media for protection against streaming piracy
Mar 29, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that it has been chosen by United Media to provide advanced antipiracy solutions. United Media is part of United Group, the leading telecommunications and media platform in Southeast Europe operating in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Chris White, Aleksandra Subotić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, NABShow, Serbia, Slovenia, Streaming
Total TV preparing migration to MPEG4 and DVB-S2
Feb 9, 2015 – United Group and Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) have announced the long-term extension of agreements for capacity on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite that supports United's Total TV pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, United Group, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Victoriya Boklag, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way