Digital TV News: Variety
Roku unveils Roku TV OLED reference design
Jan 4, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Roku TV OLED TV reference design, available to all Roku TV partners. Since the first Roku TV model, 11 Roku TV reference designs have gone into production – from 2K, to 4K, to 8K, and now OLED.
News categories: Roku, Tom McFarland, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Quest Global to deliver digital cockpit solutions fo TomTom
Jan 3, 2023 – Quest Global will be an integration partner to deliver software and applications for TomTom's Digital Cockpit platform, yielding infotainment solutions with a variety of connectivity and ADAS features, navigation systems, and entertainment apps.
News categories: Quest Global, TomTom, Alfonso Martinez, Paul Hesen, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming
TVCoins develops FAST app for Bethel Televisión
Dec 28, 2022 – TVCoins was selected by Bethel Televisión to carry out the development and re-launch of Bethel Plus, a Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platform. Bethel Plus is now available to download on iOS, Android, and Roku devices.
News categories: TVCoins, Bethel Televisión, Gustavo Marra, Miguel Ángel Ángeles, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Sinclair to show live infotainment for connected vehicles at CES
Dec 21, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) will demonstrate live infotainment services delivered to connected vehicles ahead of consumer trials planned for the Baltimore, MD region.
News categories: Sinclair, ONE Media 3.0, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
Dec 8, 2022 – Disney+ has made its ad-supported subscription offering available in the U.S. New subscription plans with ads across the Disney Bundle and Hulu + Live TV packages are also now available.
News categories: Disney, Disney Advertising, Michael Paull, Rita Ferro, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
Dec 7, 2022 – Frndly TV has announced that the service has topped the 700,000 subscriber mark. Frndly TV has had subscriber growth of around 40% over the past year after reaching 500,000 subscribers in November 2021.
News categories: Frndly TV, Bassil El-Khatib, Michael McKenna, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
Dec 5, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Magyar Telekom has chosen its Think360 platform for personalized recommendations, targeted promotions, and viewer engagement across its TV and OTT services.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Magyar Telekom, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
Dec 1, 2022 – Deloitte's TMT practice has announced its predictions for the sector in 2023. Deloitte expects that by mid-2023, all major video subscription services in Europe will have launched an ad-funded tier alongside ad-free offerings.
News categories: Deloitte, Paul Lee, Celine Fenech, Ben Stanton, Jonathan Sharp, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server