Digital TV News: Vecima
Vecima Networks to power Midco's TiVo-based IPTV service
Sep 30, 2020 – Midco has selected Vecima Networks' (TSX: VCM) MediaScaleX video delivery solution to power its new IPTV solution, MidcoTV. MediaScaleX enables IPTV functionality including VOD, Linear, Start Over, Catch-Up TV, and nDVR.
News categories: Vecima Networks, Midco, TiVo, Clay McCreery, Jon Pederson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
Conway Corp selects Vecima for IP video delivery
Sep 30, 2019 – Vecima Networks (TSX:VCM) has announced that Conway Corporation has selected Vecima to power its new IPTV multiscreen service. Moving from QAM to IP delivery systems, Conway Corp will be able to introduce new services to subscribers on any screen.
News categories: Vecima, Conway Corp, Clay McCreery, Jason Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
NOS enhances user experience with Concurrent’s MediaScaleX
Sep 17, 2018 – Concurrent Technology (TSX: VCM) and NOS have announced an expanded partnership. As part of the agreement, NOS will deploy Concurrent’s MediaScaleX platform, enhancing user experiences for Cloud DVR and Live TV delivered via IP.
News categories: Concurrent Technology, NOS, Clay McCreery, José Pascoal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
Vecima closes acquisition of Concurrent
Jan 2, 2018 – Vecima Networks (TSX:VCM) has announced that it has closed its acquisition of the assets of the Content Delivery and Storage Business of Concurrent Computer (NASDAQ:CCUR), a leader in the VoD and IP Video Content Delivery space.
News categories: Vecima, Concurrent Computer, Sumit Kumar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius