Digital TV News: Vecima
Vecima Networks to power Midco's TiVo-based IPTV service
Sep 30, 2020 – Midco has selected Vecima Networks' (TSX: VCM) MediaScaleX video delivery solution to power its new IPTV solution, MidcoTV. MediaScaleX enables IPTV functionality including VOD, Linear, Start Over, Catch-Up TV, and nDVR.
News categories: Vecima Networks, Midco, TiVo, Clay McCreery, Jon Pederson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
Conway Corp selects Vecima for IP video delivery
Sep 30, 2019 – Vecima Networks (TSX:VCM) has announced that Conway Corporation has selected Vecima to power its new IPTV multiscreen service. Moving from QAM to IP delivery systems, Conway Corp will be able to introduce new services to subscribers on any screen.
News categories: Vecima, Conway Corp, Clay McCreery, Jason Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
NOS enhances user experience with Concurrent’s MediaScaleX
Sep 17, 2018 – Concurrent Technology (TSX: VCM) and NOS have announced an expanded partnership. As part of the agreement, NOS will deploy Concurrent’s MediaScaleX platform, enhancing user experiences for Cloud DVR and Live TV delivered via IP.
News categories: Concurrent Technology, NOS, Clay McCreery, José Pascoal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
Vecima closes acquisition of Concurrent
Jan 2, 2018 – Vecima Networks (TSX:VCM) has announced that it has closed its acquisition of the assets of the Content Delivery and Storage Business of Concurrent Computer (NASDAQ:CCUR), a leader in the VoD and IP Video Content Delivery space.
News categories: Vecima, Concurrent Computer, Sumit Kumar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform