Digital TV News: Vrio Corp
Grupo Werthein takes ownership of Vrio
Nov 15, 2021 – With the completion of acquisition closing procedures, Grupo Werthein has taken ownership of 100% of the equity of Vrio. Vrio offers live content and OnDemand services through DIRECTV Latin America, SKY Brazil and DIRECTV GO.
News categories: Grupo Werthein, Vrio, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
DIRECTV Latin America deploys Irdeto App Watch
Nov 3, 2021 – Irdeto App Watch will help DIRECTV Latin America retain control over the open app store environment, providing tools to combat content piracy and protect customers from malicious applications and potential cyberattacks.
News categories: Irdeto, DIRECTV Latin America, Shane McCarthy, Carlos Pontual, Android TV, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America
Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
Jul 21, 2021 – Grupo Werthein and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced that Grupo Werthein has reached an agreement to acquire AT&T's Vrio Corp. business unit. Grupo Werthein has agreed to acquire 100% of the equity in Vrio.
News categories: AT&T, Grupo Werthein, Vrio Corp, Lori Lee, Dario Werthein, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
Apr 19, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has decided to withdraw its planned initial public offering of shares of Vrio Corp. The company made this decision based on current market conditions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPO, Latin America, Satellite
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace