Digital TV News: Vrio Corp
Grupo Werthein takes ownership of Vrio
Nov 15, 2021 – With the completion of acquisition closing procedures, Grupo Werthein has taken ownership of 100% of the equity of Vrio. Vrio offers live content and OnDemand services through DIRECTV Latin America, SKY Brazil and DIRECTV GO.
News categories: Grupo Werthein, Vrio, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
DIRECTV Latin America deploys Irdeto App Watch
Nov 3, 2021 – Irdeto App Watch will help DIRECTV Latin America retain control over the open app store environment, providing tools to combat content piracy and protect customers from malicious applications and potential cyberattacks.
News categories: Irdeto, DIRECTV Latin America, Shane McCarthy, Carlos Pontual, Android TV, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America
Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
Jul 21, 2021 – Grupo Werthein and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced that Grupo Werthein has reached an agreement to acquire AT&T's Vrio Corp. business unit. Grupo Werthein has agreed to acquire 100% of the equity in Vrio.
News categories: AT&T, Grupo Werthein, Vrio Corp, Lori Lee, Dario Werthein, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
Apr 19, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has decided to withdraw its planned initial public offering of shares of Vrio Corp. The company made this decision based on current market conditions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPO, Latin America, Satellite
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV