Digital TV News: Wurl
Wurl to power Canela Media FAST Channels in U.S. and Latin America
Aug 23, 2022 – Wurl has announced an agreement with Canela Media to provide additional Spanish-language content to their platform. Canela Media focuses their content offerings on the Latin American and U.S. Hispanic markets, boasting 22 million unique users.
News categories: Wurl, Canela Media, Sean Doherty, Jr, Isabel Rafferty Zavala, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
Amogo Networx to launch FAST channels with Wurl
Jul 14, 2022 – Wurl has announced an agreement with Amogo Networx to launch the company’s Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) channels across various CTV platforms including Samsung TV, LG, Rakuten TV and Roku.
News categories: Wurl, Amogo Networx, Sean Doherty, Jr, Peter von Ondarza, Content Distribution, Digital TV, EU, Latin America, Streaming, USA
Wurl and Planetcast partner to enable FAST channels based on Indian content
Apr 24, 2022 – Planetcast and Wurl have announced a partnership to enable India's media and entertainment companies to join the FAST revolution. The partners will also explore other initiatives, such as supporting the launch of Indian content FAST channels internationally.
News categories: Planetcast, Wurl, Sanjay Duda, James Grant, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl powered FAST channels land on LG Channels
Apr 6, 2022 – Wurl has partnered with LG Electronics to bring Wurl powered FAST Channels to LG Channels. Wurl will be distributing the FAST channels globally while also providing monetization services and maximizing revenue to the company.
News categories: Wurl, LG Electronics, Ingrid Mariotti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
AppLovin to acquire Wurl
Feb 28, 2022 – AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) has concluded an agreement to acquire Wurl. The transaction is valued at approximately $430 million. The acquisition will extend AppLovin’s software platform capabilities into the CTV market.
News categories: AppLovin, Wurl, Adam Foroughi, Sean Doherty Sr, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
Oct 21, 2021 – Wurl has launched Global FAST Pass, a global onramp for FAST channels to rapidly build worldwide distribution and loyal audiences on hundreds of millions of Connected TVs in over 50 countries.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Jr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
Sep 22, 2021 – Wurl has unveiled Wurl Perform, a performance marketing service that enables streaming TV apps to acquire new viewers and reduce churn via highly targeted promotional campaigns.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl Analytics releases SVOD churn analysis report
Aug 31, 2021 – Wurl has formed a research division of the company, Wurl Analytics. In its first report, Wurl Analytics uncovers the financial impact of churn, both in terms of lost revenue and subscriber acquisition costs.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty Jr, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
Jul 22, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with Wurl to facilitate and expand the selection of free channels on Redbox Free Live TV. With 100 channels of programming, Free Live TV caters to the tastes and interests of Redbox's 40 million customers.
News categories: Redbox, Wurl, Chris Yates, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform