Digital TV News: Xilinx
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
V-Nova and Xilinx launch PERSEUS transcoder and accelerator
Mar 21, 2019 – V-Nova and Xilinx (NASDAQ: XLNX) have announced the availability of PERSEUS XSA, a plug-and-play encoding accelerator for existing live or VOD encoding pipelines and PERSEUS XDE, a native encoding solution running entirely on FPGA.
News categories: V-Nova, Xilinx, Guido Meardi, Sean Gardner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CAST introduces Ultra HD-capable video compression cores
Jul 21, 2016 – CAST has introduced the newest generation in its series of IP cores for video and image compression. The AVC/H.264 Encoder Cores are optimized for low-bitrate and low-latency video streaming.
News categories: CAST, Inc, Nikos Zervas, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
PathPartner announces HEVC codec for x86 platforms
Jul 28, 2015 – PathPartner Technology has announced the availability of HEVC encoder and decoder solutions for Intel server class and client (i5, i7) platforms. The decoder supports error resiliency and concealment techniques.
News categories: PathPartner, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
PathPartner Technology announces hybrid hardware-software HEVC decoder IP
Sep 23, 2014 – PathPartner Technology has announced the availability of the industry's first hybrid HEVC (H.265) decoder partitioned optimally between ARM Cortex-A9 software and FPGA hardware.
News categories: PathPartner, Xilinx, Vinay Mangalore, Aaron Behman, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Genesis Microchip Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2008 Financial Results
Nov 1, 2007 – Genesis Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced its financial results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2008, which ended September 30, 2007.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, Earnings Release, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment