Digital TV News: ZyXEL
Beenius replaces incumbent middleware at Unitel in Mongolia
Sep 12, 2016 – Beenius and UNITEL have successfully complete the replacement of the former middleware vendor with the Beenius Unified TV Platform. The Mongolian Telecommunications provider has expanded its offer with Beenius' IPTV solution.
News categories: Beenius, UNITEL, Filip Remškar, Ganbold Ravjin, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mongolia
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Verimatrix provides enhanced revenue security for Telefónica's Movistar TV
Feb 11, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Telefónica has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to provide enhanced revenue security for its Movistar TV, part of the Fusión service in Spain.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telefónica, Steve Oetegenn, Roberto Campo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
Nov 26, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest home networking report. The residential gateway and broadband router segments will continue to move in opposite directions as operators provide more advanced WiFi gateways to consumers.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
Operators rate Arris and Pace top residential gateway vendors
May 23, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, Arris and Pace have supplanted Huawei and ZTE (from last year’s survey) as the perceived top residential gateway vendors among Infonetics’ operator respondents.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
Jun 12, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its first fiscal quarter of 2014 ended May 4, 2013. Net revenues for the first quarter were $52.5 million, up $12.3 million, or 31%, from $40.3 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected